Can't make a choice

TheMidnightNarwhal
Go to solution Solved by _ASSASSIN_,

Damn 279$ for the HD558.

god canada seriously has the worst prices. Anyways have you looked into ATH-AD700x or ATH-M50's. Check if they fit your price range

9/10 stereo or "headphone" option in game will do a better job of doing surround than razer surround.

Tis still an option regardless, and the idea is to give options. 

Tis still an option regardless, and the idea is to give options. 

Well I have to go for now, so I will only see your replies tomorrrow.

Damn 279$ for the HD558.

god canada seriously has the worst prices. Anyways have you looked into ATH-AD700x or ATH-M50's. Check if they fit your price range

ha ha, gay!

How about the HD518? 

200$. But both are online, I will go check maybe tomorrow in stores like BestBuy or Staples, thats all we have lol.

The ATH-M50's looks good, my friend has a pair in the bus. I think we got a winner! 179$ at best buy, awesome :D

The ATH-M50's looks good, my friend has a pair in the bus. I think we got a winner! 179$ at best buy, awesome :D

The Sennheiser HD558's are the same price and I recommend it more for gaming

http://products.ncix.com/detail/sennheiser-hd558-open-e-a-r-technology-open-circumaural-headphones-15-28000hz-50-ohm-d1-74315-1019.htm 

Bestbuy isn't the only store that sells electronics in Canada. :P

For a mic, you can look at the Zalman clip on, Blue Snowflake, or if it's similar in price, the Blue Snowball.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Now I need a mic guys, :D

Blue Snowflake, compact and functional. 

The Sennheiser HD558's are the same price and I recommend it more for gaming

http://products.ncix.com/detail/sennheiser-hd558-open-e-a-r-technology-open-circumaural-headphones-15-28000hz-50-ohm-d1-74315-1019.htm 

Bestbuy isn't the only store that sells electronics in Canada. :P

I know but it's the only one I have near me.

I know but it's the only one I have near me.

Don't let that make you stray away from better stores. With free express shipping on the HD558's and being the same price as the M50's, I'd rather get the HD558's.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Don't let that make you stray away from better stores. With free express shipping on the HD558's and being the same price as the M50's, I'd rather get the HD558's.

Yeah... I see you have the ATH-M50s and suggest somthing else. 

I think I would get the ATH-M50s since they are closed right? I want my ears to get inside the cushions and don't have any sound leaking either.

Zalman Clipmic or Antlion Modmic are the only other two options I would recommend
But I would get the HD558's for music and gaming over the M50's. 

Zalman Clipmic or Antlion Modmic are the only other two options I would recommend

Why though? Is it because of the shape, or the sound or what?

Yeah... I see you have the ATH-M50s and suggest somthing else. 

M50's are great for music but for gaming, there are much better options. The soundstage is very small and surround does not work very well at all with them. Some headphones are better for certain things.

If you want a closed set of headphones, you can also look at Audio-Technica A700X. If you are set on the M50's then go ahead. They're still good headphones.

Why though? Is it because of the shape, or the sound or what?

Sound and soundstage. 

Update: Can't get the 558, they're actually 280$, I was on the US site... so the M50 are still better than the Steelseries 9h right?

Update: Can't get the 558, they're actually 280$, I was on the US site... so the M50 are still better than the Steelseries 9h right?

Day and night better in every way shape and form. 

http://products.ncix.com/detail/sennheiser-hd558-open-e-a-r-technology-open-circumaural-headphones-15-28000hz-50-ohm-d1-74315-1019.htm :P

But yes, they are much better.

Day and night better in every way shape and form. 

When you guys talk about the soundstage and such, do you mean like the positioning like if it would be 7.1, you know what I mean right? Is the sound stage better or worse than the 9h's?