Extreme Positive Air Pressure - HAF XB

prolemur

Would it keep most of the dust out of my case if I only had intakes by having very good positive air pressure in a well ventilated case?

Also would this affects my thermals in a negative way?

There would be 1x200mm, 1x120mm, 2x140mm and 2x80mm fans in the case.

Well - all intakes would probably destroy your thermals. You do need to exhaust some of that hot air. Positive air pressure is a balancing game between intake, exhaust and thermals. You typically want slightly more intake than exhaust to maintain the P.P. But, until you test, you won't know how it affects thermals. It may effect them in such a negative way, that you need to live with negative pressure and blowing out your case once a month. That is usually better then having everything run super hot and minimal dust. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

2x140mm and 200mm for the intake?

1x120mm and 2x80mm for the exhaust?

2x140mm and 200mm for the intake?

1x120mm and 2x80mm for the exhaust?

yea this seems like a good config to put in to get positive air pressure.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I have a haf XB but I have 120s in the front. I have all intake but the rear 120 as exhaust So it is 1x200 2x80 2x120 intake and 1-120 exhaust. I have played with the top 200 being intake and exhaust and I get slightly better temps with it as intake. Now I also have a Noctua Nh-c14 because the D14 would not fit with the top 200mm fan in so if when I had the top 200mm fan as exhaust its so close to the top fan on the Noctua that is blowing down that the top fan blowing exhaust disturbs the air. I have not tried turning the 2x80s into exhaust I might try that but I think teh way the case is segmented it might not have much of an effect either way.