Cooler Master HAF Stacker

LinusTech
This case seemed (at first, when it was announced) like a very interesting concept, and indeed it is.

With the stacking capabilities this case has, I'd imagine you'd be inclined to (in the form of water-cooling) go with something like a loop centered around QD-fittings and such.
Just being able to have a rig with water-cooling that fits most uses, and then being able to expand it in a moments notice by just connecting the different stacking-cases you have available, and plugging QD-fittings together.. seems like a very nice use for it, especially for a multi-season rig.

You could just use a smaller layout in the wintertime, and when summer rolls around and the weather starts to get warmer, you could just attach the other ones, and effectively increasing the cooling capabilities of the system.. more or less instantly.

It's a very cool case-design, and definitively has more uses than we can just think of off the top of our heads, but the case is probably more niche.. than the custom water-cooling you'd be putting in to it (in most cases).

As a expandable storage setup, it'd be great.
You could use one of the stackers as a NAS, for instance.

But, when all is said and done..
..would I get it?
Probably not. I think my 900D will do for most uses.
Do I see myself recommending it to someone else who's looking at buying something like the 900D?
Most likely, but then again.. when it comes to cases, you can't forget the "second kind of cool" (you just want something for that extra cool-factor it has to you personally). If someone likes more cleaner lines, they'd probably go with a 900D over this, but if they want performance capabilities over design.. well, they're still pretty much equal.

Linus pretty much summed it up fairly well at the end. "Either you are a stacker-person, or you're not".

"Hidden optical drive, crouching PC-builder."

Its like a cupboard ..........for pc!

ITS HUGEEE

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

Its like a cupboard ..........for pc!

ITS HUGEEE

Shove anything and everything you can

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

Really nice concept case, but I think the Stacker 2 will be a better one.

Also, I don't like HAF design.

• MB MSI Z77A-GD65

CPU Intel Core i7-2600K + Corsair H60 + 2x Alpenfohn Wing Boost

RAM Corsair Dominator 16 GB

GPU MSI Radeon HD6950 Twin Frozr II / OC

SC Asus Xonar D2X

SSD Corsair Force GT 120 GB

HDD WD Black 1 TB + Blue 1 TB + Green 500 GB

PSU Corsair HX650

Case NZXT Phantom 820 Black

Rheobus NZXT Sentry LXE

Monitor: 3x LG IPS231P + Philips 298P4Q

Hi-Fi Onkyo HT-S3305

OS Windows 8.1 Pro

This seem like a really good solution for a massive amount of computing power without taking up much floor space.  However, like other people have said, I can't see myself ever buying one.

One thing that would be interesting to add to a future revision of this case would be support for some sort of wall mounting or securing brackets to prevent it from tipping over.

System: Intel Core i5 3570K OC@ 4.4GHz | Cooler Master Hyper N520 | ASUS Maximus V Gene | 8GB Mushkin 1866MHz RAM | MSI R7970 Lightning | Seasonic X-850 | Fractal Design Define R4 White Windowed Edition

Peripherals: BenQ XL2420T 1920x1080@120Hz | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless (with Cherry MX Browns) Mechanical Keyboard | Razer DeathAdder Left-handed Edition Mouse | ODAC to various things

Words can't even describe what I think of this case but I will try ..

I love it !

... and as I said on YouTube this is for people who like penis extensions.

What an awesome case !  I want it NOW !

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

@LinusTech Phanteks Enthoo Primo soon?  :D

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Wow, I just had a thought: what if I buy one of those standalone 915's and make it a NAS and other convenient network box?

Though that would also require additional hardware, but it wouldn't need to cost that much more. I would just need to figure out the right parts to keep the power consumption to a minimum.

If I bought this case I would probably buy both the 935 and the 915f. Then I would sell the bigger one and stack the small ones to create a sweet watercooled m-itx pc. The lower 915 could hold all the radiators, the drives and the pump.

:)

We were focused on really making the HAF Stacker the best it could be and now taking end user feedback to fine-tune the areas we may have missed.

As for new product release.. we have a lot that launched in the past few months including the Cosmos SE, CM 690 III, N600, and the HAF XB Evo.

True, and those are fine cases. I guess what I was aiming at was when will Cooler Master be releasing some new / revised super-premium cases?

Like a Cosmos III or a ATCS revival?? I would LOVE a new ATCS.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

You guys also forget that you can isolate your radiators, PSU, or hard drives for better airflow and/or cable management. 

Aside from the HAF design (which I can understand you either like it or you don't), it's a case designed for ultimate flexibility.

Cooler Master USA - Twitter - Facebook - Reddit

• 1 year later...

where can i get this case idc if its the 925 or 935 or 945