[FINISHED] Full Watercooled Corsair 400R - "Darklight"

Tohrchur

Hey guys! I should be ordering my watercooling components very soon! Tell me what you think!

System Specs:

• i5-3570K - Will overclock when watercooled. Plan on getting to 4.6+ Ghz 
  • Radeon 7970 - Plan on overclocking from 925 Mhz to above 1 Ghz when watercooled.
  • 8Gb Kingston HyperX Beast RAM
  • ASUS Sabertooth Z77
  • 400R - modded to accommodate a 360mm Rad.
  • OCZ ZT 750W PSU
  • Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD Boot Drive
  • WD Black 2TB HDD
  • I sleeved my cables myself, some of them need to be redone, though.

Then my watercooling components:

• Swiftech Apogee HD CPU Block
  • EK-FC 7970 GPU Block
  • EK-RES 150mm
  • Swiftech MCP655 Pump
  • Alphacool NexXxoS UT 360mm Rad
  • Primochill Tubing
  • Corsair SP120's

Current Build 11/19/14

cXQM1.jpg

Old Build

5MAFa.jpg

This is my system as of the first post:

5tqXa.jpg

The HDD and SSD are just cooling until I can make a shroud for them.

Then here is a close up of my 24 Pin sleeved cables:

5tqZm.jpg

The case was also modded to have a side window which can be seen above as well.

Hope you enjoy! 

I realized I never updated this.  Well here is my rig as of right now.

cKfk9.jpg

Tohrchur

We got the same air cooler! Fucking huge... Hope to see this work done!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Looks good! Can't wait to see it finished!

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Just make sure your get a backplate for the gpu otherwise it just won't look very good

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

Just make sure your get a backplate for the gpu otherwise it just won't look very good

Thats also a plan for the future! Right now im just kind of getting the essentials needed to start a loop because I dont want to spend all of the money I have :P 

Tohrchur

Looks awesome dude!

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

I managed to figure out a solution for the SSD and HDD. I will be using another HDD cage from a different case (Corsair 350D) and I will secure it in my case...somewhere :P. I ordered the HDD cage today so hopefully that'll be here soon and I can finally get my HDD and SSD off the floor.

Tohrchur

Hello! ALL the watercooling components arrived! :) But I am waiting until Christmas to see them and install them.  I got the radiator today though and I am modding my case to fully accomadate it because that would be a pain in the neck to do on Christmas. But here are the pictures of the rad, I will be modding my case this weekend.

5Dlox.jpg

5DlAH.jpg

5DlBU.jpg

Tohrchur

As the weekend came I modded my case! :D

The radiator is installed and it looks great to me!

5FiK8.jpg

I used the old hard drive cages I removed to make a bracket to hold the fans and radiator. It worked flawlessly.

5FiOx.jpg

Just waiting for my new, smaller hard drive cage to come in the mail, should be here Monday.

Tohrchur

Man, I love the black and white builds. Cant wait to see yours finished.

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T @ 3.8 GHz | Gigabyte 870A-USB3 | Kingston ValueRAM 2x2GB 1333 MHz | ASUS nVidia ENGTX460 1 GB | Corsair H60 

Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced Edition | Toshiba 1 TB HDD | Logitech G300 | Cheapo Keyboard | Genius GX Gaming Lychas | SteelSeries Qck Mass Le White

Got bored so I decided to take some pictures.

5GPTv.jpg

5GPUg.jpg

5GPUQ.jpg

New hard drive cage should be here tomorrow, hopefully the little amount of snow I got over here doesn't stop UPS.

5GPVd.jpg

Can't wait to watercool all of this.  Yes I know its dusty :P I'm taking everything out in 2 weeks anyways so I'm not going to waste my time dusting it out. 

5GPXt.jpg

5GQ13.jpg

5GQ1v.jpg

5GQ2m.jpg

5GQ2P.jpg

5GQ3s.jpg

5GQ3R.jpg

Tohrchur

Finally got the HDD cage! It is VERY tight in the case so I didnt end up having to use anything to secure it down.  works create in my opinion. Looks much better then the HDD and SSD just sitting on the bottom of the case. 

5MAJx.jpg

5MALj.jpg

The SSD would not fit in the tray that came with the cage because there wasnt enough clearance for the SATA power. So I put it on its tray that came with the SSD, Im going to paint it black soon.  But for now, itll do.

5MAMG.jpg

5MARJ.jpg

Sorry the pictures aren't good quality, I didn't have my camera so I had to use my phone :(

Tohrchur

• 10 months later...

So I realized I never updated this.  

This is my current setup.

cKfk9.jpg

Tohrchur

So I realized I never updated this.

This is my current setup.

cKfk9.jpg

The tubes looks all over the place. try to connect then to the closet port. It will make them look cleaner. (never cross the tubes)

The tubes looks all over the place. try to connect then to the closet port. It will make them look cleaner. (never cross the tubes)

Soon Im going to be ordering new fittings, like 90 degree fittings and other angled fittings.  What I initially got made routing the tubes very difficult especially in a mid tower.  Currently, if the tubes were really any different they would kink.  Infact, the pump-in tubing has a slight bend in it that needs to be taken care of.

Tohrchur

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed one of my tubes.  Eliminated a kink and made it look just a tad bit nicer.  I plan to keep on fixing things slowly.  

cXQM1.jpg

Tohrchur

Fixed one of my tubes.  Eliminated a kink and made it look just a tad bit nicer.  I plan to keep on fixing things slowly.  

cXQM1.jpg

Just plan it all out and change everything at once. Unless you enjoy draining the loop multiple times.

Blarg

Just plan it all out and change everything at once. Unless you enjoy draining the loop multiple times.

I didnt mind draining it actually! It took all of 30 seconds. I dont know how or why but it all drained super easily :D

Tohrchur