Something's Wrong

Liam-McShane

So lately my video card has been doing strange things. 1st it was the weird line artifacts on chrome and now the drivers have just been repeatedly crashing. I re installed the drivers and that problem appears to be gone now. Now i'm having a slightly worse problem where my screen freezes and then goes black. When that happens my video card fans spin to 100% and i have to restart my PC to fix it. This has happened twice now. I've tried a few different drivers and it hasn't helped much. 

Is my video card dying? :(

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

its dieing sorry for the news, rma it

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I am with brownninja97, RMA it, it is showing signs of death, 

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Did you do a complete uninstall of the drivers I.E. ran Driver Sweeper? If that doesn't help try reseating the card in the PCIe slot and check the power cables. And if you have any overclocking programs  installed, uninstall them.

If nothing of this works, the card is dying and you should RMA it if possible.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Did you do a complete uninstall of the drivers I.E. ran Driver Sweeper? If that doesn't help try reseating the card in the PCIe slot and check the power cables. And if you have any overclocking programs  installed, uninstall them.

If nothing of this works, the card is dying and you should RMA it if possible.

Thank you for the suggestions, i will try them and report back later

The Terrible HP

Nothing bad seems to have happened since wiping the drivers and reseating the card. When the problems did occur they weren't consistent and i don't know what triggers them so i will keep my eye out for now.

The Terrible HP

Sometimes the card wouldn't respond after entering it's low power state as the monitor wouldn't turn back on after i moved the mouse. It will now occasionally just restart the PC. Sounds like i'm defiantly going to have to RMA

The Terrible HP

Sometimes the card wouldn't respond after entering it's low power state as the monitor wouldn't turn back on after i moved the mouse. It will now occasionally just restart the PC. Sounds like i'm defiantly going to have to RMA

Are you using HDMI cables? if so where did you get them from. Some cheap HDMI's cant properly carry the "flag" that the pc wants the monitor to wake up.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

You could also try re-installing your OS.

| Lenovo ThinkPad E530 -- I5-3210M -- Nvidia 630M -- 4GB RAM -- 840 EVO 120GB SSD |

Are you using HDMI cables? if so where did you get them from. Some cheap HDMI's cant properly carry the "flag" that the pc wants the monitor to wake up.

No i'm using DVI-D

The Terrible HP

So lately my video card has been doing strange things. 1st it was the weird line artifacts on chrome and now the drivers have just been repeatedly crashing. I re installed the drivers and that problem appears to be gone now. Now i'm having a slightly worse problem where my screen freezes and then goes black. When that happens my video card fans spin to 100% and i have to restart my PC to fix it. This has happened twice now. I've tried a few different drivers and it hasn't helped much. 

Is my video card dying

Might want to check your Bios on the card...MSI AfterBurner can tell you the version....Google how to update Bios and good luck.  Also check here for specific issues with the 7870..good luck.

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php

Case: Silverstone SG09B Motherboard: MSI Z10 Morter M-ATX CPU: I5-6600K  Ram: Corsair LP 2400 DD4 16GB GPU: MSI RX 480 Storage: Seagate HDD Baracuda 2TB x2, Crucial M200 500GB SSD X2 (Raid 0)PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold 1000W w/PP05E Kit

"When to say :blink: WTF :blink: ....$2K rig only used for Minesweeper and Internet Checkers marathons...."