How to trick most games into thinking any gamepad is an Xbox 360 controller.

Go to solution Solved by FacuArgentina,

The following video-tutorial NAILED it for me. I´m using a Generic (Dynacom analog stick) UBS controller. XinputTest and Xboxce 3.1.4.1 are the solution here. 

Download Xboxce 3.1.4.1, extract its contents to the folder where "Brothers.exe" and "brothersLauncher.exe" is in your steam folder (usually Binaries/Win32 ) and then run XinputTest to see if it recognizes your USB or whatever controller. 

Then go to control panel, devices manager and go to "HID" Or "human ... sth" find the entry for your gamepad (could be 'USB gaming device' ... ) and right click properties, you go to Details, select Hardware ID, and get your "VID" and "POD" codes.  Those codes need to be entered inside Xboxce.ini (Under "PAD1" you´ll find those variables). Save the file. DONE.

Just follow this guy´s instructions and it´s done : 

[Tutorial]-How To Use a Normal PC Gamepad as an Xbox 360 Controller on PC Games (X360ce)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFnjrcFnv6Q

I want to do it backwards, I want to make my PC think my Xbox 360 controller is a generic one if not a PlayStation controller. Games on Steam like Onimusha and Final Fantasy VII and VIII don't support Xbox 360 controller. But they support the generic £9.99 universal driver controller! 

• Laptop: MSI GF65 + 16GB + 1.2TB + 2060 GTX + i7 9750H Display: 24" LG Ultra Gear 144hz Keyboard: Logitech G213 Mouse: Corsair Harpoon Sound Card: Traktor Kontrol S2 MK2 Speakers: Behringer CR4-X Other: Gaomon Graphics Tablet COOLING: Thermaltake Massive S14 Laptop Cooler

would this work with the original Xbox controller, because games give me issues when I use it.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

• 1 month later...

Splinter Cell Blacklist vibration doesn't work...Any solution to that?

Vibrations work in rest all games.

HP 15-BA021AX - 2.3GHz AMD A10-9600P processor - 4GB DDR4 RAM - 1TB 5400rpm Serial ATA hard drive - 15.6-inch screen, AMD Radeon R7 M440 2GB Graphics - Windows 10

You did end up getting a controller in the end , nice guide btw - I personally use MotionJoy (DS3 Tool) and I recommend NOT using it under any circumstances xD , I simply do because I'm used to it.

i use it to use my ps3 eye as a webcam

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

• 2 weeks later...