Samsung Unpacked 2013 Episode 2, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Gear and Galaxy Note 10.1 unveiled

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaBP1zLZBzY

The event itself has already ended but you can rewatch the full event above. I have posted a few articles which sum up the devices shown during the event

Event Highlights:

Galaxy Note 3: http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/4/4693206/samsung-galaxy-note-3-specs-features-release-date-price

Galaxy Gear: http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/4/4692824/samsung-galaxy-gear-features-specs-release-date-price

Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition: http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/4/4694258/samsung-introduces-new-galaxy-note-10-1

Galaxy Note III unveiled:

vtw_0446.jpg

vtw_0449.jpg

Any thoughts?

Galaxy Note 10.1 Unveiled... holy crap that's a lot of unveilings, hopefully they'll elaborate on these soon.

vtw_0477.jpg

All products will be shipped on September 25th and should be available globally by October, that is quite impressive TBH.

Galaxy Note 10.1 Unveiled... holy crap that's a lot of unveilings, hopefully they'll elaborate on these soon.

vtw_0477.jpg

i though they will unveil the 12 inch version, if they have one...

Impressed with watch not going to lie, however its basic exclusivity to other samsung products is a possible deal breaker. 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

i though they will unveil the 12 inch version, if they have one...

Maybe that will come with Windows so we should expect that near Windows 8.1 release date.

Impressed with watch not going to lie, however its basic exclusivity to other samsung products is a possible deal breaker. 

It does offer more functionality than I expected and it does look really good. I'm guessing it will have some functionality with other smartphones but it really seems to be made for use with a Galaxy device released in the last 2 years whenever they get an update.

Galaxy Note III unveiled:

vtw_0449.jpg

Any thoughts?

that doesn't look like plastic. Sort of like a leathery type finish. but does anyone know if its made of cheap plastic?

it's not as bulky as i thought it would be, but i have a small wrist and this would still be too big. Also, it requires a new samsung phone, won't work for my iPhone. I am impressed by the camera in it, but unfortunately it's not very discrete. Maybe Apple's solution will be thinner or somebody else will make a multi-platform watch.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

that doesn't look like plastic. Sort of like a leathery type finish. but does anyone know if its made of cheap plastic?

From what I understand it's fake leather, it does feel like leather not just hard plastic like usual but I'm guessing the layer of it is very small in order to make the phone feel more solid and avoid tears.

From what I understand it's fake leather, it does feel like leather not just hard plastic like usual but I'm guessing the layer of it is very small in order to make the phone feel more solid and avoid tears.

Good marketing move by samsung. That cheap plastic garbage was the only reason why i never bought a samsung cellular device. Trust me ive been looking for an upgrade. Currently im still rocking a motorola droid X. Its been a great phone but its getting dated heavily. And every time i see something new from samsung I always get discouraged lol. But back on topic, if the note 3 comes in black,, then im sold.

Galaxy Note 3: Looks really awesome. My friend is planning on getting one and I can't wait to play with it. Recording in 4K seems pretty cool as well. 60 fps recording at 1080p is really nice. 2.3GHz Snapdragon 800 will be a beast.

Galaxy Gear: Huge disappointment.

1) Only works with the latest and most high end Samsung devices.

2) Only a day or so of battery life.

3) Costs 300 dollars

4) Is kind of useless. It doesn't really offer any new functionality over me only using my phone, so it's not worth the price.

If it had been 100 dollars and had much longer battery life (a week should be minimum for a damn watch) then I would be a tiny bit excited for it, not much though.

if the note 3 comes in black,, then im sold.

It does. The leather-ish back is apparently really nice to hold as well, according to some reviewers who have had hands on experience with it.

how does that leather-ish material do with heat dissipation?

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

how does that leather-ish material do with heat dissipation?

probably worse than plastic...

negative. If that was the case we would all be wearing plastic shoes. leather is breathable.

Here is another video from PhoneBuff since the video above now is set to private: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1if52qC2vY

The Note 3 looks really nice. Hope that it doesn't heat up that bad if you are running games/applications.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

negative. If that was the case we would all be wearing plastic shoes. leather is breathable.

It's a layer of leather over a layer of plastic so they're basically putting another layer of insulation over the plastic, yes, it will be a better insulator than, say, the GS4 back. So you should feel less heat in your hands but the SOC will heat up even more unless Samsung have found some other way to deal with that (which shouldn't be that hard compared to GS4 due to the added area of the Note.)

I'm really geeking over the Note 3.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Note 3 looks pretty awesome, glad that I didn't change to Note 2. Only thing I'd like to know is about battery quality. Hope they put a better quality battery in Note 3.