F@H Icon got removed from Notification Area?

Go to solution Solved by Theo,

I had this problem sometime ago when i uninstalled F@H from my HDD to move it to an SSD, what fixed it for me was

Completely uninstall F@H
Run Ccleaner- clear tray notifications cache
Open Task manager and end explorer.exe
Run explorer.exe
Install F@H again

When I want to fold, I usually go into my notifications area, and turn folding on from there. If I need to monitor anything, then I just open the Advanced Control from the same place. Today, I tried to fold. The F@H icon disappeared from the normal place... Is there any way to get it back?

post-17906-0-86668400-1377812780.png

I usually click on the triangle, then the F@H icon is in there.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I had this problem sometime ago when i uninstalled F@H from my HDD to move it to an SSD, what fixed it for me was

Completely uninstall F@H
Run explorer.exe
Install F@H again

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Completely uninstall F@H

Run explorer.exe

Install F@H again

I'll try it.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Completely uninstall F@H

Run explorer.exe

Install F@H again

Do I get removed from the LTT Folding team for uninstalling F@H? I just removed it, and just thought of this.

I think the problem is it crashed but the web client doesn't correspond when that happens because I have clsoed the application before and the web client will remain open. I haven't had this happen to me before but it sounds similar to a program crashing or getting a "unexpected error and needs to close." Now if it isn't there when you start it up it could be stuck in a sort of limbo in the processes part of the task manager I have had programs do this before as well. My 2 cents on the issue.

Do I get removed from the LTT Folding team for uninstalling F@H? I just removed it, and just thought of this.

Nono, just make sure you put the same username and passkey and you ll be fine

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Nono, just make sure you put the same username and passkey and you ll be fine

Ugh. Now I've got to find the passkey... :(

EDIT: Found it... Lol

Now I have it! Thanks @Theo 

I just had to uninstall F@H, and install it again. I didnt need to run Ccleaner. :)

Now I have it! Thanks @Theo 

I just had to uninstall F@H, and install it again. I didnt need to run Ccleaner. :)

Simple enough! but if you ever move the install directory f@h will go nuts and not appear so keep that in mind lol

Simple enough! but if you ever move the install directory f@h will go nuts and not appear so keep that in mind lol

Lol. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the help! :)

I know I'm late to this thread but just keep in mind this also occurs if Windows Explorer crashes and restarts. :)

Better late than never. :) thanks for the heads up.

Also some options - Windows Explorer - kill all FAH processes then try running the Web Client to restart. If that doesn't work, try a reboot first. Sometimes that is all it need to kick start the client.

I don't like on this current version there is no way to "manually" start the client if the web client doesn't do it...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99