Fan Config?

JLozares

I have myself a Corsair Spec 01 case, I've installed a 120m fan (Arctic Cooling F12 PWM) at the back for exhaust and for my cpu cooler I have the Hyper 212 Evo with its original fan on the right side of the tower.

My question is if I add another of the 120m fan on the CPU cooler, the left side of the tower closer to my exhaust fan. Would that fan configuration be turbulent and make for a less efficient exhaust?

Also would I benifit alot more if I used a static pressure fans rather than the Arctic Cooling F12, I know static pressure fans are mainly used for radiators.

The Arctic Cooling F12 is a pretty middle of the road fan. Swapping it out won't get you much better temps but it may help with noise. 

Adding a second fan to the 212 Evo also doesn't make that much of a difference--maybe a degree or two at best. 

If you don't already have a fan at the top for exhaust, adding one there would make more of a difference.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The Arctic Cooling F12 is a pretty middle of the road fan. Swapping it out won't get you much better temps but it may help with noise. 

Adding a second fan to the 212 Evo also doesn't make that much of a difference--maybe a degree or two at best. 

If you don't already have a fan at the top for exhaust, adding one there would make more of a difference.

Currently have 2 case fans and 1 on the 212 Evo.

1 case fan is the stock red led 120m corsair fan that comes with the Spec 01, and the other is the F12 at the back acting as exhaust. Say if I were to get another fan should I put it on the top closer to the back making negative pressure (the front is filtered but would air go in from the other 120m slot on the top). Or should I get it on the bottom front one making postive pressure.

Currently have 2 case fans and 1 on the 212 Evo.

1 case fan is the stock red led 120m corsair fan that comes with the Spec 01, and the other is the F12 at the back acting as exhaust. Say if I were to get another fan should I put it on the top closer to the back making negative pressure (the front is filtered but would air go in from the other 120m slot on the top). Or should I get it on the bottom front one making postive pressure.

Up to you. Adding a top exhaust will usually make the biggest difference in temps.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Up to you. Adding a top exhaust will usually make the biggest difference in temps.

Are you only talking about cpu temps? because I'd rather have a slightly hotter cpu than gpu.

Are you only talking about cpu temps? because I'd rather have a slightly hotter cpu than gpu.

Overall temps--not just cpu.