Win32/Hadsruda!bit help

mbryant

Windows security detected  Win32/Hadsruda!bit  internet says it's a trojan. Any way to permanently terminate it without it coming back?

UPDATE: I had windows defender remove it but the intertets said it could come back. I ran another scan after removing it and nothing came back. Before removing it I checked task manager for any out of place processes and found none. I think the culprit was Project 64 which I'd forgotten I needed to be careful when installing. 

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

When you have a virus installed on your computer, your A/V will only removes it (even Microsoft A/V) it won't fixed modified system files (sometimes Microsoft releases a patch that removes the infection, and replace the files it detected to be modified, but that is through Windows Update, and it usually for critical cases). So your system can still be compromised where you have open security holes.

I recommend to either take your system back in time with Windows System Restore before the infection (personal files should not be affected), or re-install Windows (scan for malware and viruses so that you don't backup your infection before backing up your data).

When you have a virus installed on your computer, your A/V will only removes it (even Microsoft A/V) it won't fixed modified system files (sometimes Microsoft releases a patch that removes the infection, and replace the files it detected to be modified, but that is through Windows Update, and it usually for critical cases). So your system can still be compromised where you have open security holes.

I recommend to either take your system back in time with Windows System Restore before the infection (personal files should not be affected), or re-install Windows (scan for malware and viruses so that you don't backup your infection before backing up your data).

well I'm not sure it had time to do anything. I ran it as soon as I installed the emulator. As I said windows defender says my system is fine ATM. And I never saw a process for the virus in task manager, I also have no restore point :/

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

well I'm not sure it had time to do anything. I ran it as soon as I installed the emulator. As I said windows defender says my system is fine ATM. And I never saw a process for the virus in task manager, I also have no restore point :/.

Then, it could be that the A/V took preventive measures and delete it before it infected anything. Which is good, that is what we want.

If you have no restore points, either you disabled it, or something delete them or corrupted them (virus/malware sometimes do this, as they started to caught on)

Then, it could be that the A/V took preventive measures and delete it before it infected anything. Which is good, that is what we want.

If you have no restore points, either you disabled it, or something delete them or corrupted them (virus/malware sometimes do this, as they started to caught on)

Yeah I normally have a restore point set up but I guess windows 10 doesn't have them enabled or I did something when I installed it. I'll update on the status of the virus in a few days. Thanks for the help.

So I ran Kapersky and it found some things that windows defender failed to find. They have since been deleted and system scans are clean.