GPU Artifacts Fix

unknownindividual

I have an MSI R9 280 and it shows artifacts on the screen. I want to know how to fix or reflow the card to get rid of it.post-231646-0-36857400-1448753431_thumb.

I have an MSI R9 280 and it shows artifacts on the screen. I want to know how to fix or reflow the card to get rid of it.attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

If you're overclocking it, turn down the overclock a bit, if you aren't, then try downclocking it a bit, if that still doesn't work, try increasing voltage, checking connections, etc...

Otherwise it might be defective.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

If the card is OCed remove all overclocks and run it in stock speeds and watch your temps. You can try to take the card out of the PCIe and put it back. Make sure the fan spins with apropriate speed and there isn´t too much dust on it.

If the artifacts stay even when not OCed uninstall the driver and do a clean install with another driver version. If the problem still continues you can take off the cooler and apply new thermal compound. But if the problem still exists it is likely that the GPU is about to die. Then check your warranty and RMA it if you are still under warranty with it.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

if you dont OC whatsoever, the card basicly dying, maybe try to RMA it

It was used on a Craigslist offer. How do I reflow the card?