Does sweetfx mess with calibrated TVs/monitors?

Gabagool

Ive been using and enjoying sweetfx for the last couple years

Recently I calibrated my tv (which i use as a htpc) to get the black/white and sharpness levels accurate.(I didnt change the colours, just got the black and whites right)

Ive been hesitant to try a sweetfx in gaming now because im not sure if it subtly ruins the work i put in to calibrate my screen.

Im no expert with the terminologies and the technologies used in sweetfx but i have a basic understanding.

does "vibrance" effect my black and white levels? 

does lumasharpen throw off my correct sharpness levels?

any other settings that mess my image up?

thanks

It depends on the game though, I use it on gta because the colors of the textures in that game are very unsaturated and have this weird grey tint. The colors are probably less accurate but the game certainly does look nicer and colors are a lot deeper and stand out more. It just takes along time to tweak all of the settings and to get it right but I think it's worth it in the end.

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

All it is, is a filter over the game that it's installed on. It has no control over how your monitor is calibrated.

All it is, is a filter over the game that it's installed on. It has no control over how your monitor is calibrated.

i know that it doesnt effect my tv, dawg. im asking if it effects the image

i know that it doesnt effect my tv, dawg. im asking if it effects the image

Yes, that's the whole point of SweetFX. Lol.

Yes, that's the whole point of SweetFX. Lol.

hrrrrmmm not exactly the kind of help i had in mind.... but thanks?

hrrrrmmm not exactly the kind of help i had in mind.... but thanks?

So those effects you're asking about in your original post; SweetFX has a description for all of the effects either in the config file or on a readme file that comes with the package.

But you might want to look into Reshade as it's basically a newer version of SweetFX and does a lot more.

So those effects you're asking about in your original post; SweetFX has a description for all of the effects either in the config file or on a readme file that comes with the package.

But you might want to look into Reshade as it's basically a newer version of SweetFX and does a lot more.

yeah, after some reading and some thinking, i should be fine with most reshade effects except for lumasharpen. i assume that the big guys that make the profiles will have their shit calibrated right.