Thoughts on Win10?

Flanelman

Hey guys, im currently on win7, really keen to upgrade to 10 if not just to see the new features/menu etc, but i have a few questions!

1) (most important) Any issues with Steam or Origin?

2) Will i have to move my files to an external hard drive and move them back over? or will it take my files with it? (never changed an OS :P )

3) Overall thoughts on it? maybe even a rating if you're feeling generous!

Thanks in advance :)

Hey guys, im currently on win7, really keen to upgrade to 10 if not just to see the new features/menu etc, but i have a few questions!

2) Will i have to move my files to an external hard drive and move them back over? or will it take my files with it? (never changed an OS :P )

1. So far I didn't get any issues with Steam and Origin.

2. If you upgrade from your old OS then it will take your External HDD files too.

3. I like the new windows. Much faster and a clean looking design. :)

1.) not that I have seen

2.) Assuming you will be updating from the HDD you are on now it will just take the files with it. You dont have to do anything other than click update.

3.) Its really nice. Its fast and it looks great. Disable the privacy stuff though. Due to privacy I give Windows 10 a 8/10 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

Please ignore the video above. It is plagued with false information, from a former employee of Microsoft who still can't move on (let alone re-apply at the company, for a different position like many did, as everything in the engineering world is on contracts, so there is no job transfer, you need to re-apply).

The software he suggests does nothing more than Settings -> Privacy and turns everything off, which in turns disables some Windows features from working, as it needs access online, for example: Mail apps (to fetch your emails), OneDrive (to access your files on the cloud, and to upload them, if you use the service), and Cortana

If you are concerned about this, I strongly suggest to read the privacy policy of Windows 10, and see that there is no actual spying. You have telemetry data collection, which is nothing new to Windows, beside the fact that you can't fully disable it no matter what you do (you can choose to only send minimal system information, that is about it). As mentioned, everything is under Settings -> Privacy.