Please help ASAP!

LargestGnome

and how does one tell if it is fried..?

It doesn't power on?

hue hue there went my first computer build and $1,100.

1) On a stable flat surface (table, desk, counter, whatever) set the cardboard box the motherboard cam in and ONLY the cardboard box to set the motherboard on.

2) Make sure you have the CPU properly seated and the heatsink properly attached with thermal paste.

3) Make sure the RAM sticks are properly seated in the correct slots if only running 2 sticks in dual channel.

4) Make sure the graphics card is properly seated in its slot.

5) Make sure the 24-pin, CPU power, and graphics card power are properly plugged in.

6) Once those are all done, then plug in the power from the PSU into the wall.

7) Flip the switch on the back of the PSU.

8) Press the on-board power button if equipped, otherwise use a screw driver or something similar to jump the front panel power button header leads.

9) If you have done the first 8 steps properly and the system still does not post then there is a good chance that you fried your motherboard and possibly more. If it does power up and post, congrats, you didn't fry your motherboard. You can then turn off the PSU, unplug it, detach the PSU cables from the motherboard and graphics card, remove the graphics card, and then rebuild the system inside the case, adding the SSD.

For future reference - NEVER EVER EVER place any kind of circuit board (motherboard, graphics cards, HDD/SSD, whatever) onto the anti-static bag - especially ones like that because those grey lines are actually conductive elements meant to collect any static charge and direct it away from whatever is in the bag.

EDIT: If you aren't sure on any steps, read the manual. If you still aren't sure after reading the manual, read it again.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

oh boy

• Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower
  • MSI Z170 Krait
  • MSI R9 390
  • SeaSonic 650W
  • intel i5 6600k
  • HyperXFury 120GB Boot
  • WD Blue 1TB
  • G.Skill RipJAw DDR4 16GB
  • Cryorig H7
  • Asus VG248QE

"Living is not always alive."

I have been working on this for.... four hours now. Trying all sorts of crazy sh*t to get it to work.

before I threw it at a wall I figured... Hey why not try a hard reboot like phones...

*cough* bio Button*

....the f*cking thing wasn't in. It came from the factory just loosely in there.

....anyway

lBg7q9wwN.jpg

EgbASpo9C.gif

I do give you guys two thumbs up for making me think I fried $1,300 on a plastic bag it came in.

Let me tell you all a story-

after stressing out, about this of course.

Reading all the bag talk [i understand there is truth to it] so I then begun following the steps givin to a T... then my drunk girlfriend came stumbling in and went right for the CPU dragging her feet on the carpet towards it. "Is this the brain???"   (I sent her a picture of the CPU as I had been expecting it.)

You guys almost made me knock my girlfriend out over some literal Static.

• Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower
  • MSI Z170 Krait
  • MSI R9 390
  • SeaSonic 650W
  • intel i5 6600k
  • HyperXFury 120GB Boot
  • WD Blue 1TB
  • G.Skill RipJAw DDR4 16GB
  • Cryorig H7
  • Asus VG248QE

"Living is not always alive."

I have been working on this for.... four hours now. Trying all sorts of crazy sh*t to get it to work.

before I threw it at a wall I figured... Hey why not try a hard reboot like phones...

*cough* bio Button*

....the f*cking thing wasn't in. It came from the factory just loosely in there.

....anyway

lBg7q9wwN.jpg

EgbASpo9C.gif

I do give you guys two thumbs up for making me think I fried $1,300 on a plastic bag it came in.

Let me tell you all a story-

after stressing out, about this of course.

Reading all the bag talk [i understand there is truth to it] so I then begun following the steps givin to a T... then my drunk girlfriend came stumbling in and went right for the CPU dragging her feet on the carpet towards it. "Is this the brain???"   (I sent her a picture of the CPU as I had been expecting it.)

You guys almost made me knock my girlfriend out over some literal Static.

LMAO!!!!! Thanks for building this though, now you've told me things to look out for when I build my first rig:P

Oh my, the anti-static bag myth again. This thread was great entertainment, still better than twilight ;)

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City