My life on the parking of the convenience store

Ginka

Hey guys :)

I usually don't talk about me over the internet, because you know, half of you may be pedorapist

But hey, I feel super lonely know and to speak with someone can do some good ^^

My situation is a bit weird ^^; I just got a Job in Japan, I'm happy about that, the company looks cool and everyone is nice

But it is in a place called kiryu
https://www.google.co.jp/maps/place/Kiryu,+Gunma+Prefecture/@36.4767939,139.1781585,38740m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x601efce441a44f35:0xccfb2458c6dd30c6

there is basically nothing

I am a foreigner, so i have no family here, no friend, and my GF is in Tokyo. I live in a shitty dorm, with no phone, no tv, and above all, no INTERNET.

I'll be working for the international sales department of my company. But this will start in May. Until then, they want me to go to work in one of the company's plant. To work in an assembly line.

I don't have a problem with that, this is part of the job, and all of the new employees have to do it.

The problem is that it will be  much more far away in japan countryside, in a much more lost city, in a much more shitty dorm,  with much more difficulties to make friends, with much more no train for me or my girlfriend to see each other, and with much more NO INTERNET

and I really do need internet everyday Oo

I'm living in the dorm temporary, and will be moving monday in the other city to the plant's dorm

so I can't register my adress in my current city office

I can't make any contract to get a pocket-WiFi because It require me to register my adress

and in any case pocket wifi are super expensive so fuck it. 200 bucks for 30gigs guys

I have been using a convenience store free wifi for two weeks now, I am in a corner of the store outside, stealing wi-fi and electricity from them :)

Been doing that every day after work for two weeks, it is fucking cold, and everyone is looking at me like : wtf is that mother fucker Oo

so do you have any funny stories, of shitty times or anything ? I'll appreciate anything a this point I guess ^^

I don't know any stories, or anything to say really. 

But, this was pretty interesting to read.  :P g'luck with that.  :D

Half of you may be pedorapist

Gives map to where he lives. Makes me wonder what your intentions are.  If you know what I mean.  :ph34r:

Anyway, good luck on getting that wifi of yours. :D

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

I don't know any stories, or anything to say really. 

But, this was pretty interesting to read.  :P g'luck with that.  :D

thx, your comment is making my hands a little bit warmer xD

This year I had to make a website for a local business for a school competition, my group did a cafe.

Every time we went to the cafe, people would give us the "You are wagging" face and stare at us because we are 15/16 years old.

It also didn't help that the teacher who was going on the excursions to the cafe with was very short so you can mistake him for a kid.

BTW my group came 3rd in the comp! (Website ins't live yet)

Good'ol 7-11 Wifi eh?

It is a family mart, I don't know if you can find a family mart outside japan

But it is like 7-11 :)

This year I had to make a website for a local business for a school competition, my group did a cafe.

Every time we went to the cafe, people would give us the "You are wagging" face and stare at us because we are 15/16 years old.

It also didn't help that the teacher who was going on the excursions to the cafe with was very short so you can mistake him for a kid.

Thx for the story :) I would really like to see your teacher Oo

Gives map to where he lives. Makes me wonder what your intentions are.  If you know what I mean.  :ph34r:

Anyway, good luck on getting that wifi of yours. :D

I do what I can to make people come to me ^^

I dud from my company just passed by a recognized me Oo

He was like : Dude do you want be to buy you something xD

I'll go back to my shitty dorm now ^^
It is too fucking cold here ):
see you tomorrow ;)

Just curious... Where did you live before moving to Japan and how would you compare your personal quality of life (be it better or worse)? Also how long have you been there and when things started to go downhill?

On-topic: nothing particularly funny stories about sh*tty times come to mind. Nothing exceptional happens to me, life is just consistently sh*t. :lol:

Just hope things get better. Life just happens to be unfair quite often. Sometimes the cards life gives to you are so bad, there's no way they can be played victoriously, yet folding is not an option.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

and in any case pocket wifi are super expensive so fuck it. 200 bucks for 30gigs guys

What? how is it that much, heck I pay £60 for my iPhone 6 with 20gb of 4g (and that includes the price of the phone)

Can you not get a pay as you go data dongle? some of them are like pay money for a months access with no contact

any why can you not give the dorm as your address? 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I am back stealing electricity and wifi ehehe

What? how is it that much, heck I pay £60 for my iPhone 6 with 20gb of 4g (and that includes the price of the phone)

Can you not get a pay as you go data dongle? some of them are like pay money for a months access with no contact

any why can you not give the dorm as your address? 

Japan happens to be super expensive sometimes :) That is the way it is ^^

As a foreigner I have to register my address to the local city office, and have the city office write the address on my residence card
But I have been working every day since I am here, and the office is open when I'm working, so I can't go for the moment Oo

what does date dongle mean ? I'm not a native speaker ^^

Just curious... Where did you live before moving to Japan and how would you compare your personal quality of life (be it beter or worse)? Also how long have you been there and when things started to go downhill?

On-topic: nothing particularly funny stories about sh*tty times come to mind. Nothing exceptional happens to me, life is just consistently sh*t. :lol:

Just hope things get better. Life just happens to be unfair quite often. Sometimes the cards life gives to you are so bad, there's no way they can be played victoriously, yet folding is not an option.

I am a french graduate, and I went to a Japanese university for one year and then I did a internship in tokyo for one year. And been looking for a job from May to july, and found my actual job :)

I am a fresh graduate with no money, so financialy speaking, it has been bad for a while now xD so it can only go better, I hope ^^

The last wall I have to overcome is my current situation ^^, In 6 months I'll get to my position and everything will go better ^^ I hope 

I think life is quiet fair with me :), just been bad since I got my current job xD

SNIP

You can get a usb internet stick (or wifi version) that is pay as you go, and get like 15gb of data for a cheap cost

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You can get a usb internet stick (or wifi version) that is pay as you go, and get like 15gb of data for a cheap cost

Like prepaid data plans? I don't know how expensive they are with data caps (only the lowest end plans have data caps here, and for example my phone clan is only 10€ /month with unlimited data (on 3G)  :P ), but those should be somewhat acquirable. Though a lot of things, especially regarding tech, are expensive in Japan, and with low income even those cheap data plans might not be an option.

I am back stealing electricity and wifi ehehe

Japan happens to be super expensive sometimes  :) That is the way it is ^^

As a foreigner I have to register my address to the local city office, and have the city office write the address on my residence card

But I have been working every day since I am here, and the office is open when I'm working, so I can't go for the moment Oo

what does date dongle mean ? I'm not a native speaker ^^

I am a french graduate, and I went to a Japanese university for one year and then I did a internship in tokyo for one year. And been looking for a job from May to july, and found my actual job  :)

I am a fresh graduate with no money, so financialy speaking, it has been bad for a while now xD so it can only go better, I hope ^^

The last wall I have to overcome is my current situation ^^, In 6 months I'll get to my position and everything will go better ^^ I hope 

I think life is quiet fair with me  :), just been bad since I got my current job xD

According to Murphy's law, things can get worse than that. Though it can't get much worse than that, as that's being quite close to rock bottom.

I hope the workdays of yours are at least reasonable. I doubt you'd like the basic "Salaryman" concept of working 10+ hours per day with no overtime pay, 6 days a week with little to no holidays... Japan still needs to modernize in that regard.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Like prepaid data plans? I don't know how expensive they are with data caps (only the lowest end plans have data caps here, and for example my phone clan is only 10€ /month with unlimited data (on 3G)  :P ), but those should be somewhat acquirable. Though a lot of things, especially regarding tech, are expensive in Japan, and with low income even those cheap data plans might not be an option.

Use your phone as a wifi hotspot :D

but yeah prepaid data plans, I doubt they are THAT expensive

They stared at you because you were using comic sans not because you are 15

Use your phone as a wifi hotspot :D

but yeah prepaid data plans, I doubt they are THAT expensive

Umm... He could use phone as a hotspot, but look at the first post...

Hey guys :)

I usually don't talk about me over the internet, because you know, half of you may be pedorapist

But hey, I feel super lonely know and to speak with someone can do some good ^^

My situation is a bit weird ^^; I just got a Job in Japan, I'm happy about that, the company looks cool and everyone is nice

But it is in a place called kiryu

https://www.google.co.jp/maps/place/Kiryu,+Gunma+Prefecture/@36.4767939,139.1781585,38740m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x601efce441a44f35:0xccfb2458c6dd30c6

there is basically nothing

I am a foreigner, so i have no family here, no friend, and my GF is in Tokyo. I live in a shitty dorm, with no phone, no tv, and above all, no INTERNET.

I'll be working for the international sales department of my company. But this will start in May. Until then, they want me to go to work in one of the company's plant. To work in an assembly line.

I don't have a problem with that, this is part of the job, and all of the new employees have to do it.

The problem is that it will be  much more far away in japan countryside, in a much more lost city, in a much more shitty dorm,  with much more difficulties to make friends, with much more no train for me or my girlfriend to see each other, and with much more NO INTERNET

and I really do need internet everyday Oo

But yeah, prepaid plans should not be ridiculously expensive.

Oops :D didnt see that part, he could always get a budget phone, and phone plan and tether :D

Love you guys xD

Oops :D didnt see that part, he could always get a budget phone, and phone plan and tether :D

Well, as a foreigner in japan I need to register my adress at the city office before doing anything. I can't make any contracts otherwise.

And phone/internet in japan are expensive as ****. I mean, most of the smartphones owners in japan are paying more than 10.000 yen a month for the contract !

what the fucking fuck                I let you do the conversion in your own money :)

I don't do crazy hours yet, but some of my colleagues are

I do 7:50 to 17:00 every day. And after that one hour of report writing since I am a newbie in this company. And of course I am not paid for that ^^

I only have 45 min to eat but there is like 3 times the number of people in comparaison of the availables chairs in the canteen

so everyone eat in 10 minutes every day. No kidding, 10 fucking minutes. 7 for the pro
And the lunch  is not a small sandwich ^^, it is a normal meal with a lot of rice...

what the fucking fuck                I let you do the conversion in your own money :)

my iphone 6 contract with unlimited calls, texts, 128gb iphone 6, and 20gb of 4g costs me 11250 yen

my iphone 6 contract with unlimited calls, texts, 128gb iphone 6, and 20gb of 4g costs me 11250 yen

WTF

How can you pay so much money everymonth and be OK with that xD

WTF

How can you pay so much money everymonth and be OK with that xD

That price includes the cost of a 128gb iPhone 6 that I paid no money upfront for

£60 a month is not much considering my wage is £1100 a month (take home pay)

That price includes the cost of a 128gb iPhone 6 that I paid no money upfront for

£60 a month is not much considering my wage is £1100 a month (take home pay)

That is a lot of money ^^

Personally, I don't care having 4g on my phone

I just use wifi

There is tons of convenience store here, so it is easy

Today I moved to my new dorm near the plan, and I'll start working there monday 

The new is a little bit better >>>> my room is bigger xD

But still no internet, so I'll have to find a new family mart or 7/11

Things are getting a little bit better ^^

Thx guys for your support, it was a lot of fun :)

That is a lot of money ^^

Personally, I don't care having 4g on my phone

I just use wifi

There is tons of convenience store here, so it is easy

Today I moved to my new dorm near the plan, and I'll start working there monday 

The new is a little bit better >>>> my room is bigger xD

But still no internet, so I'll have to find a new family mart or 7/11

Things are getting a little bit better ^^

Thx guys for your support, it was a lot of fun :)

Crippling poverty surely makes one appreciate the cheaper and smaller things. Can speak from experience.