Origin now offering new refund policy

Coombzy

Today EA announced a new policy on refunds regarding EA games on Origin   "you can return game downloads for full refunds within 24 hours of the first time you launch the game, within seven days from when you purchase it, or within the first seven days after the game's release if you pre-ordered. Whichever happens first" -Kotaku

EA trying to be get rid of their bad rep much :3 

source: Kotaku

http://kotaku.com/origin-now-lets-you-return-ea-game-downloads-for-full-r-1169643732

O_O NICE GUY EA?!

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Seven days isn't that much. Someone may buy something then get busy and have no time to play the game. They also may start the game decide they like it then days after starting decide they hate it . . . .

I'm..... actually a bit happy about EA!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Seven days isn't that much. Someone may buy something then get busy and have no time to play the game. They also may start the game decide they like it then days after starting decide they hate it . . . .

They don't even have to refund games though.

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

Cool, now I can return games that are shitty or way too short.

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

they weren't kidding about reorganizing the company 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

1. Buy humble bundle

2.activate and download all origin games

3.Give away all steam codes

4.Return all origin games

5.Profit

Yes I know this won't work its a joke)

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

That's kind of cool. They're definitely the first digital store I've heard of offering refunds for digitally-delivered content, although there could be others I don't know about.

That's kind of cool. They're definitely the first digital store I've heard of offering refunds for digitally-delivered content, although there could be others I don't know about.

Exactly, they're the first I've heard of. That's very good of ea.

So wouldn't it possible to buy a game, complete it within 24 hours then request a refund?

Only thing i can see to potentially stop that is

Refunds may not be supported where Electronic Arts detects fraud or abuse of the refund process

EA is really trying to be the good guy at the moment with this refund policy and humble bundle stuff.

I almost... almost wouldn't mind installing origin on my system... almost.

Today EA announced a new policy on refunds   "you can return game downloads for full refunds within 24 hours of the first time you launch the game, within seven days from when you purchase it, or within the first seven days after the game's release if you pre-ordered. Whichever happens first" -Kotaku

this sounds good, but as it says "whichever comes first" - meaning the window of opportunity is still 7 days, doesn't matter what.

that could easily be misinterpreted and get a lil dicey, if they made it a bit clear-er it'd be nice.

I just read the terms of sale and it's still doesn't cover the refund policy - fully.

I hope they have turned around, i rly do :]

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

So wouldn't it possible to buy a game, complete it within 24 hours then request a refund?

Only thing i can see to potentially stop that is

EA is really trying to be the good guy at the moment with this refund policy and humble bundle stuff.

I almost... almost wouldn't mind installing origin on my system... almost.

You'll never know until you try origin

If it's a single player game then people can complete it and then demand their money back.

I think we have enough sense of entitlement in gaming as it is. let's not ask for more.

I'm..... actually a bit happy about EA!

BLASPHEMY!!!!

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

1. Buy humble bundle

5.Profit

I'm sure they have something in there preventing that from happening.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

My god... this is actually... awesome...

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

So what if it takes 7 days to download? No refund?

It wouldn't be considered downloaded until... Well... Until it's downloaded. :P

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

1. Buy humble bundle

5.Profit

Yeah I'm so gonna do that.

Today EA announced a new policy on refunds   "you can return game downloads for full refunds within 24 hours of the first time you launch the game, within seven days from when you purchase it, or within the first seven days after the game's release if you pre-ordered. Whichever happens first" -Kotaku

source: Kotaku

http://kotaku.com/origin-now-lets-you-return-ea-game-downloads-for-full-r-1169643732

This is wan show worthy.

Even though all these nice things are to get a good reputation, they are still nice.