Snapdragon 820 "50% More Powerful" than Exynos 7420

Suika

d1cef0c31125fb0957ca304031e41c0b.png

(click for sauce)

Hopefully Qualcomm has a disclaimer saying *before throttling.

So we're back in the vicious cycle, as the year ends and we get closer and closer to the usual dates of Samsung, HTC and LG's usual flagship updates, more and more rumors and claims begin spreading. An analyst has published insider information, stating that the Snapdragon 820 will be 50% more powerful than the existing Samsung Exynos 7420.

It turns out the Snapdragon 820 will be 50% more powerful than the Exynos 7420, a chip that is already known for its ample processing power (#1 in our Best Android phones post has this CPU). Furthermore, it is said even single-threading tests produce the same outcome.

Another bold claim from Qualcomm, if you haven't heard of previous talk over the Adreno 530 which has improvements of up to 40%, but that has been covered before. 2015 was a pretty great year for Smartphones, but if the Snapdragon 820 is as powerful as it sounds, could 2016 be just as exciting?

So what do you guys think? Can Qualcomm provide such a powerful little chip, or do those estimations sound inflated?

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

"50% more powerful" in what tasks? While it reeks of marketing twists of the truth, it does sound interesting. I wouldn't get my jimmies rustled until we see this thing out in the wild and see some independent benchmarks.

"50% more powerful" in what tasks? While it reeks of marketing twists of the truth, it does sound interesting. I wouldn't get my jimmies rustled until we see this thing out in the wild and see some independent benchmarks.

Often times they say that and it just means on paper, on in some made up benchmark

its probably 50% more powerful at cooking

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I hope they make sure to keep thermals under control. Phone CPUs have been getting really hot recently (not just blaming it all on the 810 fiasco).

I hope it doesn't overheat and cause all high end android phone Samsung's to overheat...

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Not hard to believe since mobile chips advance pretty well.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

And I believe in fairies and unicorns, right?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!