First Gigabyte AMD Gaming Motherboard announced!

guyfromnebraska

This new G1.Sniper runs on the FM2+ socket and will support the new Kaveri APUs.

http://www.gigabyte.us/press-center/news-page.aspx?nid=1226

FX 6300 - MSI 7870 Ghz - M5A97 R2.0 - Team Vulcan 8GB - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - Rosewill HIVE 550w - NZXT Source 210 (white) - Loud Fans

Peripherals - Logitech G105 - Cobra mouse - Acer G236HL - Logitech desktop mic - Logitech LS21 - Audio Technica ATH-M30

Laptop - Acer Aspire V3 - A84500m - 7670m - 15.6" screen (1366x768) - 3.5GB DDR3  - 500GB Scorpio Blue

Guess someone finally made a "high end" board for the FM2 platform!

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I like the UP4 a bit better and it has an overly long heatpipe for the heatsinks and looks a little silly.

Guess someone finally made a "high end" board for the FM2 platform!

Why would you ever need a high end for FM2?

Because if you spending 200 on your cpu i and i doubt this board will go for anything less than 200 it makes no sence

I am a happy wuffy

Because if you spending 200 on your cpu i and i doubt this board will go for anything less than 200 it makes no sence

Hopefully the new Kaveri APUs make it worth it than

FX 6300 - MSI 7870 Ghz - M5A97 R2.0 - Team Vulcan 8GB - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - Rosewill HIVE 550w - NZXT Source 210 (white) - Loud Fans

Peripherals - Logitech G105 - Cobra mouse - Acer G236HL - Logitech desktop mic - Logitech LS21 - Audio Technica ATH-M30

Laptop - Acer Aspire V3 - A84500m - 7670m - 15.6" screen (1366x768) - 3.5GB DDR3  - 500GB Scorpio Blue

This is awesome, I hope it's not 400$

Yeah I really hope it is at a reasonable price point.

But why that colour scheme, i know it's a form of differentiation but.. ew  :(

Does Kaveri support 8 core?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

If this is a $250-$300+ why? no one will buy it because that is the whole reason people go apu, because it's cheap! Or maybe people use those as just cpu's, i'm not sure never have looked to much over at the amd side of things, at least in the cpu side of things.

this will go awesome in a prodigy build!

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

this will go awesome in a prodigy build!

I can honestly say I have had enough of that case, it seems to be a bigger trend than Justin Beiber at this point

I can honestly say I have had enough of that case, it seems to be a bigger trend than Justin Beiber at this point

Yeah, I agree with that. I really want a new case to come out with as much personality and usability just to differ the market up.

YAWN

More ATX/ mATX motherboards for a CPU socket that most people want on mini-ITX motherboards.

To top it off, it'll be way outside the price range that anyone who is in the market for a cheap CPU would buy to go with said cheap CPU.

Learn to market, kthxbye.

lol, Justin Bieber equivalent is Corsair at this point, bandwagoneering has never been as hard or as intense as with Corsair cases.

And the Prodigy is a brilliant product, not just good-looking, or else not this many people would buy it.

/hadaprodigybeforeitwascool

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

It still doesn't look as good as its Intel counterpart unfortunately (imo). I hate that ASUS and Gigabyte design the coolest looking boards for the Intel platform but completely neglect anything AMD related.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I agree, why would u ever need a high end motherboard for an APU?

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

This is good news, I hope they try to make AMD mobo's better. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

To the folks wondering why the board partners are making high-end boards for the FM2+ socket, It's clear now that AMD will EOL (end) their high end AM3+ socket in favor of a unified socket which will be FM2+.
FM2+ will officially be AMD's new performance socket from here on out and so the board partners now have no choice but offer their entire line-up in an FM2+ flavor.

I'm personally very excited for these new motherboards coming out, there was a real shortage of high-end boards on the FM2 socket which limited choice.

To the folks wondering why the board partners are making high-end boards for the FM2+ socket, It's clear now that AMD will EOL (end) their high end AM3+ socket in favor of a unified socket which will be FM2+.

FM2+ will officially be AMD's new performance socket from here on out and so the board partners now have no choice but offer their entire line-up in an FM2+ flavor.

I'm personally very excited for these new motherboards coming out, there was a real shortage of high-end boards on the FM2 socket which limited choice.

That would require them to have caught up in miniaturization (process) as the FM2+ socket is physically much smaller. And to be perfectly honest, it's going to have had to be a hell of an impressive leap in AMD R&D if FM2+ really is "high end" and not just AMD's "highest" end. I am crossing my fingers for a "miracle" that cores will deliver respectable IPC.

Honestly I think it'll just be a die shrink with little to no improvement to go in the 'forgettaboutit' bin.

The good part though, will be that ITX boards will be feasible for AMD CPUs. Which sums up my entire use for AMD chips (the tiniest box imaginable with an APU under the TV)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

That would require them to have caught up in miniaturization (process) as the FM2+ socket is physically much smaller. And to be perfectly honest, it's going to have had to be a hell of an impressive leap in AMD R&D if FM2+ really is "high end" and not just AMD's "highest" end. I am crossing my fingers for a "miracle" that cores will deliver respectable IPC.

Honestly I think it'll just be a die shrink with little to no improvement to go in the 'forgettaboutit' bin.

The good part though, will be that ITX boards will be feasible for AMD CPUs. Which sums up my entire use for AMD chips (the tiniest box imaginable with an APU under the TV)

The FM2+ socket has 906 pins, the AM3+ socket only has 36 pins more, so the physical size is very similar.

I don't expect any miracles, AMD stated 30% higher operations per cycle over Bulldozer and I'm content in believing that would be the case.

However raw CPU performance isn't really what's exciting nor expected of Kaveri, because this architecture has a trick up its sleave in the form of HSA & HUMA, if anything interesting is going to come out of this new line of processors it's going to be tied to the unified memory architecture and GPU Compute.

If you are buying a motherboard like this for a APU then you really need to get your priorities sorted out, unless AMD end up moving there high end cpus on to fm2.

Glad they are making high end motherboards for FM2+. Hope that more manufacturers will make great boards like this that will persuade me in switching to AMD for my future builds. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer