How would I paint a motherboard without killing it

TLR

Hello, am going to build a blue themed build with the ASUS ROG Rampage Extreme. I was wandering if you could paint it blue another way that the spray painting technique on linus's motherboard painting video here - 

- I dont want to use this because I spent a while saving up for this motherboard and don't want to kill it. I have not yet ordered it so I could still buy another motherboard. But I like the features this particular motherboard has. Thank you for you help :).

-SNIP-

There isn't an easy way of re-coloring other than similar to what Linus did there, if it doesn't go with your color scheme though it's better to just find another board that fits the look or color scheme you are wanting instead.

use "blanks" for the slots. I would personally just stick a piece of plastic the same thickness as the PCB, but cardboard or actual PCB blanks for the slots would work too. And it worked after he "exercised" the slots with multiple insertion cycles. (lennyface)

What feature do you like? I would get another mobo

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Why not get a blue AsRock board?

I can vouch for the ASRock X99 Extreme boards as I have one. Beautiful and excellent motherboards.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

either uy a motherboard with blue already, or buy an asus board with thermal armour and paint the armour

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If you need to paint it, cover all of the contacts (pci slots, ram slots, etc.), and get some green painters tape to seal everything else off, people seem to like that one better, as it doesn't leak as much as the blue painters tape.

I like good humans and good food

There isn't an easy way of re-coloring other than similar to what Linus did there, if it doesn't go with your color scheme though it's better to just find another board that fits the look or color scheme you are wanting instead.

ok thankyou

You don't, the risk is too high, Linus did it but only because for him even if he broke the board economically it wouldn't have made any difference.

Do you really want to risk destroying a €400+ worth motherboard? The odds are against you.