Is a Sapphire 4GB R9 380 NITRO DUAL-X, a solid choice all around?

DaPrimeRib

Would this be a solid choice all round for a casual gamer who enjoys high graphics and only goes 1080p with a deep desire for 60fps so strong that i wouldnt mind playing on medium graphics for next gen (5 years from now) games?

Also the 4gb, would I be better off with 2gb since I don't play VERY new games?

EDIT : What about its cooling? Better than ASUS STRIX?

Yep

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I'd suggest a 390 for what you appear to want. I can't tell the future so I can't tell you if that will be good enough 5 years from now.

And I wouldn't recommend 2 gigs over 4 for any reason at this point.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Since you're in it for the long haul the 4GB will be better. Assuming you're will to sacrifice graphical fidelity as need be, I'd imagine you should be able to get 5 years out of it

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

Get the 4GB model it will help in the long run. I have the exact same card and it plays most of my games at 60fps high.

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.