Pebble introduces its first round smartwatch

itsmefurqan

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/23/9372899/pebble-time-round-smartwatch-announcement-availability

Pebble just launched the thinnest & lightest smartwatch at $249. The Time Round is all metal, making it more similar to the Pebble Time Steel than the less-costly plastic Time. It has a 38.5mm face, though the round display does not fill it. Instead, a large bezel surrounds the screen, which makes the effective display size much smaller.

The multiple day battery life has long been a selling point for Pebble, the Time Round only has a two day battery life before needing to juice up. 

Pre-order starts today & ships in November.

pebbletimeround-2.0.jpg

pebbletimeround-4.0.jpg

Looks cool

We've now got three different subjects going on, an Asian fox and motorbike fetish, two guys talking about Norway invasions and then some other people talking about body building... This thread is turning into a free for all fetish infested Norwegian circle jerk.

249? thats kinda expensive for a paperback screen....

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Hmm for USD249 (about MYR1100 where I live) I think I'd go with the Time Steel. Or just save a bit more and get a Moto 360 2 instead,,,

The Time Steel definitely is the better watch. I don't get why everyone is trying to make their smartwatches round and "traditional."

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Damn looks nice. This may be the upgrade for my Pebble Steel, depending on the screen

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

If the bezel wasn't so big and ugly omg.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

That looks so nice. One of my biggest issues with Pebble was not that it doesn't run Android Wear, but that it's a square smartwatch. I personally don't like the look of square watches, so seeing a circular watch come out of Pebble is fantastic to see.

https://puu.sh/klBCW/87e881ca5c.webm

I wish the bezel wasn't so big and the screen was a little larger, but hey, whatever. It's their first iteration of a circular smartwatch.

COMIC SANS

Pros of Time Steel: 

• 10 Days battery life (vs. 2 days)
  • Water resistant to 30M (vs. rain proof)
  • Bigger screen

Pros of Time Round: 

• Round, thinner, lighter 

I feel like I'd take it off before going swimming anyway (even if I don't have to), so I don't really care about water resistance.  

So, I think (for me) it just comes down to whether or not the smaller screen is really an issue, since I do like the round and thin look better. 

Any insight? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Pebble, you have listened! You finally made a product that looks less like a toy and more like a watch.

Now, come back to me when the bezel has less surface area than the watch face.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB