NCASE M1 w/ 980Ti Hybrid and i5 6600K

Hello! I'm planning my first build for a pure gaming PC optimizing for small form factor and quiet with plenty of power. I'm aiming for ~100fps at 2560x1440p on high/ultra settings in various Blizzard games (primarily Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch) and probably Star Wars Battlefront as well. I'm basing the build around a pair of existing builds I've seen that utilize AIO watercooling for both the CPU and GPU, you can find them (with pics!) here and here.

Any improvements or feedback is greatly appreciated!

Motherboard: Gigabyte G​A-Z170N-Ga​ming 5
Radiator Fan Replacements: 2 Noctua NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm Fan
Monitor: Asus PG279​Q 27" IPS 2560x1440​p/165hz Moni​tor 
Case: NCASE M1 Version 4

Looks pretty damn good to me. You may wanna think about adding a bit more storage down the line though, 500GB will tend to go pretty quick if you like having your entire Steam library downloaded all at once.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Looks pretty damn good to me. You may wanna think about adding a bit more storage down the line though, 500GB will tend to go pretty quick if you like having your entire Steam library downloaded all at once.

Totally! Should be relatively easy to add one or two normal SSD's to the front case mount in the future and leave the M.2 as the boot drive when that happens. :)

What's your budget (Curious)?

Relatively open ended, though if there are opportunities to cut a little cost here and there or spending a little more will help substantially I'm open to either. Right now the PC itself is looking at being around $1900 on PC Part Picker. So ~$2000 sounds right, doubt I could get it down to $1750 without some drastic changes.

If your gonna use the ncase m1 you cant use the hybrid 980ti.... not enough room for the cooler. And it wont be a quiet build. The ncase will get loud.... its a nice case but its not good for your plans.

snip

i would get x2 980's in sli if you can afford it as they will perform better than a single 980 ti. 8gb of ram is sufficient

a corsair h60 is fine. you don't need an h75. you could even get a u12s from noctua

if you get the 980 ti or x2 980's in sli, get a 650w psu. EVGA 110-B2-0750-VR or the EVGA 220-GS-0650-V1

edit:

avoid the industrial noctua fans. they are way too loud. i owned several of them and had to take them back. get the original noctua fans instead

BigDay

If your gonna use the ncase m1 you cant use the hybrid 980ti.... not enough room for the cooler. And it wont be a quiet build. The ncase will get loud.... its a nice case but its not good for your plans.

The Hybrid will fit just fine, see the two linked existing builds with it in the OP.

i would get x2 980's in sli if you can afford it as they will perform better than a single 980 ti. 8gb of ram is sufficient

a corsair h60 is fine. you don't need an h75. you could even get a u12s from noctua

if you get the 980 ti or x2 980's in sli, get a 650w psu. EVGA 110-B2-0750-VR or the EVGA 220-GS-0650-V1

edit:

avoid the industrial noctua fans. they are way too loud. i owned several of them and had to take them back. get the original noctua fans instead

Running SLI would be fun, but would require using a (much) larger case than I'd like to as I have a small apartment and want to squeeze the case onto my desk. As for the fans, that's really interesting, I had been told the industrials would be plenty quiet and I can't stand Noctua's beige color. The brown on the industrials annoys me but will be tolerable... but I'll do some more research on the noise! :)

Short flat cables are already included with the PSU, you do not need to buy them separately. 

Awesome! Thanks for saving me a needless buy and return!

Awesome! Thanks for saving me a needless buy and return!

No problem. Good luck with your build.

From spending literally the last few hours researching fans, I'm down to Noctua NF-F12, or Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-14. Given how much I hate the beige on the Noctua, I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the GT's, any input appreciated. :)

From spending literally the last few hours researching fans, I'm down to Noctua NF-F12, or Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-14. Given how much I hate the beige on the Noctua, I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the GT's, any input appreciated. :)

the noctua nf-f12 pwm fans are for radiators only and not meant for case ventilation. the nf-s12a pwm fans are meant for case ventilation (those are from noctua). i'm pretty sure the ap-14 fans are "air pressure" fans and are meant for radiators as well. look for case ventilation fans like the af-120's from corsair or something from phanteks; you could also go with noctua

extra fans are kinda useless unless you really have a lot of heat being generated from sli or crossfire installations

BigDay

the noctua nf-f12 pwm fans are for radiators only and not meant for case ventilation. the nf-s12a pwm fans are meant for case ventilation (those are from noctua). i'm pretty sure the ap-14 fans are "air pressure" fans and are meant for radiators as well. look for case ventilation fans like the af-120's from corsair or something from phanteks; you could also go with noctua

extra fans are kinda useless unless you really have a lot of heat being generated from sli or crossfire installations

Agree on the extra fans, I'm planning to use the GT's to replace the stock fans on the radiators so looking for static pressure optimized fans.

• 2 months later...

Hey cool to see you making a pc similar to the one I built! I know I'm pretty late on this wagon. But if you got this PC built, i'd love to see some pictures of it!