Qualcomm introduces Quick Charge 3.0

ahhming

quick-charge-3-0-available-chips-840x471

The third iteration of Qualcomm’s Quick Charge technology can get a conventional smartphone from 0% to 80% in only 35 minutes.

Qualcomm uses INOV technology (Intelligent Negotiation for Optimum Voltage) on its rapid charging processes. This new algorithm can help devices determine how much voltage they should request. In addition, it supports a wider array of voltage options. Quick Charge 2.0 only allowed for 5V, 9V, 10V and 20 V. With Quick Charge 3.0, the handset can select in 200mV increments, anywhere between 3.6V and 20V. And it is USB Type-C ready

Qualcomm is announcing its Quick Charge 3.0 technology will be available starting with their newest processors, which include the Snapdragon 820, 620, 618 and 430.

Source:

http://www.androidauthority.com/qualcomm-introduces-quick-charge-3-0-powering-up-devices-4x-faster-641994/

What about the OnePlus TWO? I feel so confused right now.

Edit - wait. LOL derp

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

Loving QC 2.0, looking forward to this on future phones.

i5-4690k | GALAX HoF 980Ti | MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | 2xHyperX Fury 8GB @ 2133MHz | 2x240GB Kingston SSD in RAID-0 | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | NZXT H440 | Corsair H75 | Corsair RM750

Do not go gentle, into that good night.

type c + quck charge is what i find awesome with quck charge 3.0

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Instead of making expensive chargers why not make the batteries removable again?

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Instead of making expensive chargers why not make the batteries removable again?

Cuz replacement batteries are expensive for their capacity.

question about quick charge - does it degrade the battery's overall lifespan using quick charge as opposed to normal charging?

question about quick charge - does it degrade the battery's overall lifespan using quick charge as opposed to normal charging?

Supposedly no. But the battery does get hotter than not having it.

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

IMO quick charging would be the best if it could be integrated into battery banks.

I'm also concerned with thermal stress on the battery if a user was charging the battery while playing games, with a plastic phone case on.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

type c + quck charge is what i find awesome with quck charge 3.0

Quick charge was always possible on type C USB. It was just OnePlus that didn't implement it for some reason.

From the Quick Charge 2.0 page:

Enter Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0. Designed to be scalable across different classes of electronics, it is 100% compatible with how charging is done today. Quick Charge 2.0 is connector independent. It requires the D+/D- data lines and can work with USB Type-A, USB micro, USB Type-C and other proprietary connectors.

Pretty excited about this. Hopefully the Nexus 2016 ends up having this, and sexy build instead of the hideous beast that Huawei made this year.

Went with the Note 5 instead.

That's got nothing to do with Qualcomm and everything to do with the device manufacturers..

I say yay for progress on something like this.

Personally I don't think enough people really made use of removable batteries for them to make much sense.

Really old phones could already get from 0% to 100% in under a minute.

Its called a spare battery.

And if the battery dies, you don't have to replace the whole phone.

Lol...

Ermm....you don't have to replace the whole phone when the battery dies.

Most companies will charge you a very fair price to replace it.

Not only that the life span is still pretty good. Most people replace their phones with new contracts, and most phones last well into the 3 year life span of said plans.

IMO quick charging would be the best if it could be integrated into battery banks.

I'm also concerned with thermal stress on the battery if a user was charging the battery while playing games, with a plastic phone case on.

Totally agree. Something like the VOOC power bank by Oppo would be awesome.

I'm sure it's entirely possible, we just haven't seen someone invest in it. I think most consumers would have a hard time figuring out if it'd be compatible with their device, and why it's cost is higher than the now bargain basement prices most power banks see.

If you can't wait 30 minutes to play a game while the phone is charging...might want to seek help ;)

It would be cool to see some kind of software control though. Perhaps buried deep inside, away from laymen. Where you can decide to enable Quick Charge or not.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Cuz replacement batteries are expensive for their capacity.

not really i can get a note 4 battery for 10 - 15 dollars