Need stuff to match gold mobo

seardtuna

So im buying a used 4770k and z97 deluxe and am either painting the board or finding stuff to match. I decided I wanted the community to make the decision, and I cant decide. He is also giving me a 16 gb set of ddr3 2400 but i dont know what color it is (probably black). So if you want me to keep it gold and make a cool gold and black build, say gold. If you want me to change the color, say what color.

I'm in a similar boat, i have gold highlights on my MB and new graphics card (980ti Hybrid) so now i want to change my ram which is currently blue to gold to match :) 

I say go for gold! 

MSI Lightning video cards come to mind. It is not gold, but yellow is close enough. Newer DCUII Asus cards come with gold accent stickers as well as the red ones.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

So im buying a used 4770k and z97 deluxe and am either painting the board or finding stuff to match. I decided I wanted the community to make the decision, and I cant decide. He is also giving me a 16 gb set of ddr3 2400 but i dont know what color it is (probably black). So if you want me to keep it gold and make a cool gold and black build, say gold. If you want me to change the color, say what color.

Gold spray paint heatsinks etc is a good start, if you're watercooling then gold fittings can be used.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

I'm in a similar boat, i have gold highlights on my MB and new graphics card (980ti Hybrid) so now i want to change my ram which is currently blue to gold to match :)

I say go for gold! 

My friend offered me that gold 980 that asus made a few months ago. He worked at a retailer called Tiger Direct. Wish i would have bought it then. They are super rare now. I found some gold cable extensions and I think I am going to spray paint some stuff gold.

MSI Lightning video cards come to mind. It is not gold, but yellow is close enough. Newer DCUII Asus cards come with gold accent stickers as well as the red ones.

Oh yeah I forgot about the stickers. Thanks!

I love my gold mobo. Lol. I have a gold and red theme. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Oh yeah I forgot about the stickers. Thanks!

Graphics card is all people really see assuming you have a standard case. If you care for the SSD, the Adata SX900 has a black and gold look and the H100i has an RGB LED.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink