Cant access newly installed SSD.

Totallycasual
Go to solution Solved by Totallycasual,

It seems a combination of the instructions from Kingston and DudeWazap's post seems to have done the trick, all good now thank you.

I purchased a new SSD today and popped it into my case, everything is wired correctly just like my other SSD but when i try to access it my PC says Q:\ is not accessible.

Access is denied. 

The computer recognizes it as a Kingston drive but wont let me use it >.<  

I purchased a new SSD today and popped it into my case, everything is wired correctly just like my other SSD but when i try to access it my PC says Q:\ is not accessible.

Access is denied. 

The computer recognizes it as a Kingston drive but wont let me use it >.<  

Did you create a letter for it under Device management?

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

I followed these instructions from Kingston's website:

Open the Control Panel, open Administrative Tools and then open Computer Management. Click on Disk Management and see if the SSD drive is shown in the right window pane. If it is, right-click on where it is labelled as disk 1, disk 2, etc. and select "Initialize disk" (this may come up automatically when you go into Disk Management)

Still nothing, it just sits there as Q drive but cant be used. Sorry about the font i don't know why that happened. 

I followed these instructions from Kingston's website:

Open the Control Panel, open Administrative Tools and then open Computer Management. Click on Disk Management and see if the SSD drive is shown in the right window pane. If it is, right-click on where it is labelled as disk 1, disk 2, etc. and select "Initialize disk" (this may come up automatically when you go into Disk Management)

Still nothing, it just sits there as Q drive but cant be used. Sorry about the font i don't know why that happened. 

Have you tried restarting after attempting this fix?

My system has two 980ti's, I'm making up for my small gentials

It seems a combination of the instructions from Kingston and DudeWazap's post seems to have done the trick, all good now thank you.