Romer-G Switches

pix-
Go to solution Solved by Jack Russel,

Romer-G has a tactile bump and so, it will take extra actuation force to pass that bump. One review in Tom's Hardware I think believes that it takes about 50g actuation realistically. I would stay away from Romer-G since the switches are inconsistent from experience (when the tactile bump can be felt, it doesn't always actuate even though it should). Also, the G910 keycaps cannot easily be replaced unless you buy them from Logitech directly and the keycap bevels are pretty terrible. Note that you can't even change the keycaps for different ones and it doesn't look like they will be releasing a new Romer-G board with normal bevels as their latest is the Atlas Dawn, which is pretty much a TKL of the G910.

Hei,

Does anybody tried to type on logitech g910 orion spark ? I am interested how romer-G switches are compared with MX and how is feel like compared with them. They should be something like mx red ?

Cheers,

Hei,

Does anybody tried to type on logitech g910 orion spark ? I am interested how romer-G switches are compared with MX and how is feel like compared with them. They should be something like mx red ?

Cheers,

They feel like mushy, easy to bottom-out browns to me.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

They feel like pressing a key into a piece of cardboard, not much different from rubber dome imo.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

That bad ? So this keyboard is worthless ?

Romer-G has a tactile bump and so, it will take extra actuation force to pass that bump. One review in Tom's Hardware I think believes that it takes about 50g actuation realistically. I would stay away from Romer-G since the switches are inconsistent from experience (when the tactile bump can be felt, it doesn't always actuate even though it should). Also, the G910 keycaps cannot easily be replaced unless you buy them from Logitech directly and the keycap bevels are pretty terrible. Note that you can't even change the keycaps for different ones and it doesn't look like they will be releasing a new Romer-G board with normal bevels as their latest is the Atlas Dawn, which is pretty much a TKL of the G910.