Question for Windows 10 and MSI Ghost GS60

dreadpixel

Hey all, just got an MSI Ghost GS60 laptop that came with Windows 8.1 and obviously the free Win10 upgrade. I wasn't aware how much bloatware MSI installed; I figured with it being more a gaming laptop it would be a relatively clean install. Unfortunately, Norton trials and all the nasty unwanted crap is pre-installed, and the recovery options seem to keep this bloat as well. I did the Windows 10 upgrade but now I'm wanting to do a clean Windows 10 install. I've had a hard time in the past with other PC laptops trying to track down all the necessary drivers and applications needed, and have recently been on OS X  for my laptops the past few years. I'm hesitant to do a clean install because of how finicky laptops have been in the past when doing this.

My question for those with this laptop: is there a guide out there you know of (I googled, no luck) or just from personal experience can you tell me what I need to get in preparation for this? I've heard the driver packages on MSI's site were incomplete.

If anyone on here has this laptop and has done a clean Win10 install I'd love to hear how it went for you and what you got to prep before hand!