1080p Fullscreen looks blocky and upscaled, Windowed looks sharp

Hey guys, I recently got a PC upgrade and am finally able to run games at native 1080p on my 23.7" TV Monitor. (LG FLATRON M237WAP). But theres this huge bummer. Few games that I have (FC4, NFS-MW 2012), act really weird in 1080p full screen mode. The colours are too much, and everything seems alaised and blocky( as if upscaled) and although all the game elements fit on the screen, Fraps doesnt. So everytime this happens, Im forced to run on Borderless Windows, which fixes the issue. For most games, this issue occurs the first time the game is launched, and gets permanently fixed when i change the resolution back and forth ingame. For others, it doesnt seem to want to fix itself. 

I found a supposed "fix" for the exact same issue here: 

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/111168-13-htpc-graphics-vsync-glitch-fixed

although this didnt work for me. Anyone who understands what going on, please help. Thanks :) 

Hey, thanks for tuning in. Umm what exactly is overscanning? Im kind of a real noob in this department. And is there any possible fix?

Also, The exact issue is listen in that link provided. But the fix isnt working for me :(

If that's a HDMI connection or DP, check for an overscan setting.  I know on AMD video cards, hdmi has an overscan set at less than maximum, causing black borders and a non fullscreen image, and you can go into the control panel (CCC) and set it back to 100%.

There should also be some sort of overscan setting on the monitor or OSD options.

If I select overscan on my monitor through displayport (on a computer), the image becomes 'bigger' than the physical screen and interpolated.  I guess that's to compensate for the video card "Underscan" (overscan) default option of 10% or something.

Like what's the point of such a setting anyway?

In CRT days, such settings were to prevent edge screen artifacts and imperfections that would happen if the image were extended to the edges of the screen....

If that's a HDMI connection or DP, check for an overscan setting.  I know on AMD video cards, hdmi has an overscan set at less than maximum, causing black borders and a non fullscreen image, and you can go into the control panel (CCC) and set it back to 100%.

There should also be some sort of overscan setting on the monitor or OSD options.

If I select overscan on my monitor through displayport (on a computer), the image becomes 'bigger' than the physical screen and interpolated.  I guess that's to compensate for the video card "Underscan" (overscan) default option of 10% or something.

Like what's the point of such a setting anyway?

In CRT days, such settings were to prevent edge screen artifacts and imperfections that would happen if the image were extended to the edges of the screen....

And where would i find this overscan setting exactly? For Nvidia GPUs? Thanks :)

Edit:

I believe overscanning fixes only issues that are desktop related. The whole story changes when you get into a game (at fullscreen mode)

. Thats the issue Im having

Dammit.

Well that's the end of my help, sadly

Hmm. Thanks a lot anyways :)

I believe this works only for desktop based applications. It screws up when games go into fullscreen mode :/

did you try it? does the desktop work fine? have you tried a driver reinstall?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

And where would i find this overscan setting exactly? For Nvidia GPUs? Thanks :)

Edit:

I believe overscanning fixes only issues that are desktop related. The whole story changes when you get into a game (at fullscreen mode)

. Thats the issue Im having

My Benq monitor has an overscan button in the OSD.  It works in Displayport and HDMI.  Greyed out in DVI. So....