What gpu should I get to power 3 1080p 23'' monitors?

TheGeeker

I have 660 sli right now and I was thinking maybe a used 980 or something on those lines. I dont have the 3rd monitor yet its still on the way here monday but what do you think? Do I need new a new gpu for my 3 monitors? What should I get? IDK how 660 sli does yet. 1 monitor is great but 3 I dunno. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

It could run 3 monitors, just NOT for gaming!

I know. I dont know gaming performance. I dont care if I use low settings but I really dont have any money left till black friday so what I have is what I got. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

from experience , id recommend against a single 980ti ... in my case (triple 1080p 24' monitors , in nv surround) it struggles to get 60fps in most games at high-ultra settings 

personally im going back down to 2 980's or "gasp" 2 or 3 390x cards 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

I know. I dont know gaming performance. I dont care if I use low settings but I really dont have any money left till black friday so what I have is what I got. 

I don't think it could, even at low settings and if it could the game would look like garbage.

Save up, and buy a new GPU or just use 1 monitor for gaming.

I don't think it could, even at low settings and if it could the game would look like garbage.

Save up, and buy a new GPU or just use 1 monitor for gaming.

For FPS games and things that 3 dont do well with I would use the middle for games and the rest for windows of stuff. I really want to play gta 5, war thunder, star citizens. I WILL get a new gpu soon. Just not this month or 2 months but black Friday most likely. Not sure if its really worth waiting? I am NOT waiting at the store but only online stuff. I will have maybe 300-400$ mid September because of my bday but I am not selling my old gpus. Folding rig time.

It could run 3 monitors, just NOT for gaming!

from experience , id recommend against a single 980ti ... in my case (triple 1080p 24' monitors , in nv surround) it struggles to get 60fps in most games at high-ultra settings 

personally im going back down to 2 980's or "gasp" 2 or 3 390x cards 

Why against it? What card would you use? 

Why against it? What card would you use? 

from experience (my current build) a single card wont be the best option for 3 1080p monitors imo , remember its near 4k with the 3 monitors (not quite 4k but more like 3k or 2.5k or whatever) like i said personally im going to most likely 2 980 classy cards (if i can find any after i sell my 980ti) 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

If you're looking to actually game on all 3, I'd definitely think about the 980/ti or two, as others have said.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

from experience (my current build) a single card wont be the best option for 3 1080p monitors imo , remember its near 4k with the 3 monitors (not quite 4k but more like 3k or 2.5k or whatever) like i said personally im going to most likely 2 980 classy cards (if i can find any after i sell my 980ti) 

dont do it right now. wait for the winter when pascal architecture lauinches with a lot of HBM2 memmory

and 1x 4k= 8294400 pixels

3x 1080p= 6220800 pixels

dont do it right now. wait for the winter when pascal architecture lauinches with a lot of HBM2 memmory

and 1x 4k= 8294400 pixels

3x 1080p= 6220800 pixels

ehhh , i could care less about hbm for now , i done see any benefit to it yet (again just my opinion , take with grain of salt) 

so thats like .... 3k ish ? lol 

Spoiler
Spoiler

ehhh , i could care less about hbm for now , i done see any benefit to it yet (again just my opinion , take with grain of salt) 

so thats like .... 3k ish ? lol 

yes 

i dont even see the bennefits of hbm for now because its such a new technology.

but look at this what nvidia claims it to be:

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-gpu-gtc-2015/

yes 

i dont even see the bennefits of hbm for now because its such a new technology.

but look at this what nvidia claims it to be:

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-gpu-gtc-2015/

interesting indeed , i hope it lives up to the hype.... then i might consider moving to some hbm cards 

ive been tempted to get a fury or two but the tech is still too new for my liking 

Spoiler
Spoiler

interesting indeed , i hope it lives up to the hype.... then i might consider moving to some hbm cards 

ive been tempted to get a fury or two but the tech is still too new for my liking 

yes and its only 4 gb of it. i currently have integrated graphics and i was going to buy a 980 ti but i've decided to wait untill the winter because of school i wont be using my computer a lot

and i'll get the new titan or the card that is to it like a 980 ti(custom PCB) to titanX