OnePlus 2 or wait for the next Nexus

Toxicable

So i want to make the change from IOS (iPhone 5c to Andriod, but im not certain what one to go for, I'm liking most of the specs from the OnePlus 2 but idk if I should go for that or wait for the next Nexus.
I've considered both the G4 and S6, but decided against them since the S6 is about 200 more and I don't like the buttons/bloatware and higher res screen on G4 even though it's the same price as the OnePlus

Prices in NZD btw

Well I'd say S6, but otherwise wait for the Nexus, mind you it might still be pretty expensive, 'leaked' specs showed it had some pretty high end hardware.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

I'd recommend waiting for the Nexus 5/6 2015 models, OnePlus 2 seems impressive but I think Nexus is worth the wait, and if you can save up on money until it releases.... it's gonna have some good tech on it ;D

Student Life Build Yo: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i5-3350p, ASRock H61M-VG4, Sapphire Nitro R9 380x

12GB DDR3-1333, Corsair CX600, SanDisk 120GB SSD, Asus Xonar DGX, Corsair 200R, Headphones: Takstar HI 2050.

~First PC Build!~

Well I'd say S6, but otherwise wait for the Nexus, mind you it might still be pretty expensive, 'leaked' specs showed it had some pretty high end hardware.

I'd recommend waiting for the Nexus 5/6 2015 models, OnePlus 2 seems impressive but I think Nexus is worth the wait, and if you can save up on money until it releases.... it's gonna have some good tech on it ;D

im not familiar with Nexus release prices, would it be expected to be that of about a S6?

The new Nexus models would be cheaper i've gathered. They wouldn't raise the price up to that of an S6, even for both Nexus 5 & 6 2015. They're not like Samsung who would have prices that high anyways.

Student Life Build Yo: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i5-3350p, ASRock H61M-VG4, Sapphire Nitro R9 380x

12GB DDR3-1333, Corsair CX600, SanDisk 120GB SSD, Asus Xonar DGX, Corsair 200R, Headphones: Takstar HI 2050.

~First PC Build!~

The new Nexus models would be cheaper i've gathered. They wouldn't raise the price up to that of an S6, even for both Nexus 5 & 6 2015. They're not like Samsung who would have prices that high anyways.

Lately Google has been trying to go more 'premium' with the Nexus so the price of the new phone is sort of a mystery at the moment. 

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Lately Google has been trying to go more 'premium' with the Nexus so the price of the new phone is sort of a mystery at the moment. 

very true. The most interesting part about all this is that one of the Nexus models are being developed by Huawei, who are majorly known for developing extremely low budget phones, so who knows what to expect?

~First PC Build!~

very true. The most interesting part about all this is that one of the Nexus models are being developed by Huawei, who are majorly known for developing extremely low budget phones, so who knows what to expect?

*rumored 

considering the last reviews coming about 1+2, and all early problems, i would consider nexus5 or moto x style

*rumored 

rumored, yes, but there's enough evidence out  there for it to most likely happen.

~First PC Build!~

considering the last reviews coming about 1+2, and all early problems, i would consider nexus5 or moto x style

What problems does the 1+2 have? Only bad things i've seen is no nfc, wireless charging or proper USB Type-C
Also from what "rumors" I've seen the nexus is going to have similar specs to 1+2 except including the short comings above

Ubik Uno might be worth looking at if available in your area.

Cant get this in my land

What problems does the 1+2 have? Only bad things i've seen is no nfc, wireless charging or proper USB Type-C

Also from what "rumors" I've seen the nexus is going to have similar specs to 1+2 except including the short comings above

Cant get this in my land

Performance killed after few min of hard use because overheating

screen brightness

shit photo compare to equal product

no micro sd / no quickcharge / no nfc

WTF about the battery i want to say LOL

Thoses problems are not all one but my question is : Why would you even considering 1+2 into the other flagship ? Or even against 1+1 !

BUT my bigger issu is that they are fucking people in the butt with that invite system because customer are totally in the dark ... that's enough to not go toward them.

Performance killed after few min of hard use because overheating

screen brightness

shit photo compare to equal product

no micro sd / no quickcharge / no nfc

WTF about the battery i want to say LOL

Thoses problems are not all one but my question is : Why would you even considering 1+2 into the other flagship ? Or even against 1+1 !

BUT my bigger issu is that they are fucking people in the butt with that invite system because customer are totally in the dark ... that's enough to not go toward them.

I think you might be a bit bias against OnePlus.

I have not heard of the performance being crippled due to overheating, I have heard that it gets hot when in an intensive game but again not crippling them.

I also have not heard of any problems with the screen brightness.

I personally think 13MP is enough, im no photographer so what's the point in a better camera?

Again I personally don't want a micro SD slot, since I prefer a sealed phone and I dont have a GB's of files on my phone, that's what my computer is for.

The missing quickcharge feature is disappointing but as long as the phone lasts the day (with low to moderate useage) then I don't see why it's needed.

I wouldn't use NFC currently.

I don't get what you're saying about the battery? it's bigger than the S6, uhm, LOL?

Im comparing the 1+2 against other flagships because of the price difference, I thought I mentioned that in OP. I am also not comparing it to the 1+1, dunno where you got that from.

The invite system is a bit stupid but I have patients, however I have seen retailers saying that they have it in-stock on their websites, is it not possible to just buy form them rather than directly from OnePlus?

I was first going to buy 1+2 tbh ! But then review kill it

Problem with the screen is gamma settings under light shade, and brightness is really not going high ! But again, it's pretty good for normal user, but not compare to what is on the market.

Saying 13mp is enough is like saying my alienware is good enough because it's alienware, it does not refer to photo quality, they are like on 1+1, not really good when looking at moving object / far away because of the software (and 4k video is bad compare to S6 or Iphone).

Basically i want micro SD so they don't charge me 50€ for 16go update when i can buy 62go for 35€ ! 

I agree with NFC, but it can be a killer for people living in asia.

Again, bigger battery does not mean better battery life ! The optimisation is terrible. 

For 1+1 it was just my point of view, i don't know why people will look at 1+2 when 1+1 is here at this price and is still a very good phone for 2015.

Yeah you can buy from retailer, BUT, they are usually coming from china which mean you have to be careful about which version it is : there is 3 in total for different 4G band basically.

They under clocked the 810 from start. PLUS when it's going to hot, they cut 1 or 2 core : the problem will only appear in 4K video after few minutes, or intensive play (10min+), this cut is normal in every device, but still they have to do it even though they underclocked their device.

PS : sorry for my english ! 

... they are fucking people in the butt with that invite system...

And many people like it- that's the problem, not invites itself... 

English is not my maternal language, so don't mind my mistakes... 

I say wait for both the Nexus and the Blackberry (androidOS) Slider phone.

OnePlus2 is a good (not great) phone, but for me it lacks a the two features I really like and often use: Qi (wireless charging) and NFC (mobile payment, bluetooth pairing, ...)

I really hope Blackberry includes both, because I really don't like the camera bump the new Nexus has.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube