Windows 10 Activation

TKFT

I recently upgrade my Windows 8.1 pro install to Windows 10 pro and everything went fine. A few days ago I need to RMA my motherboard for some hardware problems and switched to a different motherboard, CPU and ram temporarily. This caused my windows 10 install to become non active and required a reactivation. I tried my old windows 8.1 product key as well as using ProduKey to find my windows 10 key and using that. Neither of those worked so I called the support center and entered my install ID and get sent around till someone told me I would have to reinstall windows 8.1 and then upgrade again. That really doesn't work because I would prefer not to do a clean install so does anyone know how I can activate window 10. Also I purchased a retail version of windows so I know for a fact I am in full compliance with the licensing terms. It seems like my only option may be to get a crack for windows 10 if I can't.

I recently upgrade my Windows 8.1 pro install to Windows 10 pro and everything went fine. A few days ago I need to RMA my motherboard for some hardware problems and switched to a different motherboard, CPU and ram temporarily. This caused my windows 10 install to become non active and required a reactivation. I tried my old windows 8.1 product key as well as using ProduKey to find my windows 10 key and using that. Neither of those worked so I called the support center and entered my install ID and get sent around till someone told me I would have to reinstall windows 8.1 and then upgrade again. That really doesn't work because I would prefer not to do a clean install so does anyone know how I can activate window 10. Also I purchased a retail version of windows so I know for a fact I am in full compliance with the licensing terms. It seems like my only option may be to get a crack for windows 10 if I can't.

everyone who upgraded from WIn 7/8 have the same generic product key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T, it doesn't mean you have a legit copy when you try on a different mobo, because microsoft has your hardware ID as the verification/activation, you need to call Microsoft to get your PC activated again. 

Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3dfda8/build_10240_did_you_get_assigned_a_licenseproduct/

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

You have to call and talk with MS support and tell them the situation about your Motherboard, They'll help you to reactivate it.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

You have to call and talk with MS support and tell them the situation about your Motherboard, They'll help you to reactivate it.

he didn't follow the topic. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

@TKFT

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

you need to call Microsoft to get your PC activated again. 

I figured that's what I would need to do but when I called they told me I needed to reinstall my old windows version. Should I try calling back to see if I get a different answer?

I figured that's what I would need to do but when I called they told me I needed to reinstall my old windows version. Should I try calling back to see if I get a different answer?

when you try to reinstall on older windows 8, and update it, it wont activate as your win 8 key is already registered with win 10 upgrade with your hw ID, so it's best to call them.  

also follow your topics.

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

when you try to reinstall on older windows 8, and update it, it wont activate as your win 8 key is already registered with win 10 upgrade with your hw ID, so it's best to call them.  

OK thanks I will try that again.