Corsair HXi, AXi or RMi? (850W)

Janeyadonnah

Disclaimer: This post isn't about the wattage of the psu, just about the quality and reliability!

(Yes I know the wattage is a bit overkill for this PC, but I want a bit future proofness)

The psu will be powering this PC:

- Overclocked i7 5820k (~1.32v)

- Overclocked GTX980Ti

- Asus X99A

- 16GB of DDR4 2133

I plan to stay under 200€ for the unit, but if the difference between the HXi/RMi and the AXi is really that price differnce worth it I could go with that.

But the main question is: HXi or RMi?

Prices in my country:

RMi: goo.gl/lTe4kw

HXi: goo.gl/tNfgon

AXi: goo.gl/cKWG2w

blubb

those prices are insane high, but ax is best.. personally i prefer antec psus though, they have great short protections and surge protection

(◑‿◐)

The RMi is still excellent quality, it's just a slightly downgraded version of the HXi. Nothing like the "bad" old RM series. If price is at all a consideration, RMi all the way.

(of course, other brands like EVGA and XFX may merit consideration, but among these Corsair options I say RMi)

AX is best then HX and then RM. Id go with HX, its the middle ground and i dont think the benefits of the AX outweigh the additional cost. I have a HX650w and its served me well so far!

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb