Advice for new PC Cooling System

Hello!

I am seeking advice for picking out equipment for a better cooling system for my PC. At its current state, my fans sound like the equivalent of a jet engine like it's going to take off and fly out my window. The only cooling fans running on the system at any given time is for the power supply, processor, and graphics processor.

The motherboard unfortunately cannot control the power supply's fan, nor does the power supply seem to throttle down it's own fan by sensing the temperature. I am to believe that the fan on it is constantly at full speed. Is it possible to control the power supply's fan in any way?

The processor's fan thankfully, can be monitored and controlled manually by the motherboard. Although I do hear audible noise from the processor's fan.

The graphics processor's fan is automatically controlled and already has an acceptable audible noise.

Processor fans that are suggested must be compatible with the AM3+ Socket, and if it is true that controlling the power supply's fan is not possible, suggestions for a new power supply cannot exceed 500 watts.

Any advice will be greatly thanked!

if you can afford it, liquid cool everything. Oh and, if your power supply is that loud, get a new one, fast. (it might explode)

This silverstone power supply is passivly cooled (no fans) and as far as I'm aware Silverstone is a reputable brand. For cooling I'd get a corsair or cooler master All in one liquid cooling solution.

For the cpu get a big one (weight, mass) the biggest the cooler it will run and less rpm you have to use for fans, phanteks or be quiet air coolers.

Could you list your current system. Main thing I need to see is case and ram. Your right that PSU fan can't be controlled. Getting any current gen PSU from known manufacturer should fix that problem. Why you want to to be sub 500W though?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

So Im gona start by saying that if you want true silence then yes liquid cool, but if you dont want to risk your parts there are some much better air options. starting with the power supply, I know corsair makes a fancy one with control technology but I'm not 100 on if it will slow the fan but yes there are a few passive cooled ones, look at silver stone or corsair. The noise from the processor fan is most likely bearing or motor hum since it might not be designed to run at the low rpm you may have it at. My recomendation would be to get a decent to large size after market cooler (evo212) and dont include the fans and it can passive cool if you want decent cooling with out added noise however this might limit what you do in terms of high performance.

Praise Gaben