Windows 8 Failure Installing Updates

SpartanZx7

Change of topic since everyone is hyped with Windows 10. I'm fresh installing Windows 8 to then upgrade to 8.1 to then upgrade to 10. I only have a 8 key. Anyway when i fresh install i need to install updates to get 8.1 off the store but every time i install updates it fails to configure them and it says not to turn off etc and it just get stuck there. What can i do to install the updates so i can get 8.1 or is there a way to upgrade to 8.1 with the store etc. Help me please, not having my PC work is shit. 

Do them one at a time, starting from the top. I have a long list of failed updates from 8. 

Stop automatic updates and just do blocks of 10-15 with restarts in between.. Yes it will take a while but you won't have the issues you are currently experiencing

Do them one at a time, starting from the top. I have a long list of failed updates from 8. 

I tried doing just 15 and when i restarted it said 118. I'm still doing these ones even though i only selected 15 and it's taken about an hour. Currently on 109 and i'm expecting it to fail.

I tried doing just 15 and when i restarted it said 118. I'm still doing these ones even though i only selected 15 and it's taken about an hour. Currently on 109 and i'm expecting it to fail.

Yeah seriously, go one by one. It's absolutely irritating but it's the only way I've managed to install updates. Double check only one is selected.

Yeah seriously, go one by one. It's absolutely irritating but it's the only way I've managed to install updates. Double check only one is selected.

Is it only these 100+ that i need to do to get to 8.1 from fresh or do you not know. 

Is it only these 100+ that i need to do to get to 8.1 from fresh or do you not know. 

I don't know which update is required to so we can hop to 8.1 because I'm still slowly trudging through them but I'll check Google really quick?

Can't find any info on a specific update that's needed, only that all of them need to be installed apparently..

IT DIDN'T FUCKING FAIL. It only took 5 reinstalls and much frustration to get this far. Downloading 8.1 from the store. If I can get 8.1 installed i should be peachy.

Can't find any info on a specific update that's needed, only that all of them need to be installed apparently..

Thank you but they all installed even though i didn't select them, it's letting me download 8.1 now. Thank you. 

Thank you but they all installed even though i didn't select them, it's letting me download 8.1 now. Thank you. 

Yaaaaaaay, congratulations! I still have updates failing on me though. :lol:

Yaaaaaaay, congratulations! I still have updates failing on me though. :lol:

I was able to get 10 installed before then it just auto installed the rest and they didn't fail. Windows 8 is just a piece of shit really.