to mod or not to mod

hi guys i just purchased a r9 290 with a ekwb and a backplate. for a really good deal and want to set up a loop but i have a dell xps and have a few concerns . will the cpu block work with a stock backplate on the mobo on a i7-2600 ... if not what would be a good route to get a motherboard that would or what could i possibly do . i am currently on a 6990 so not having insane temps is important.

gpu

water cooling kit

if needed what case would be a great budget case and a good mobo at a atx size for this chipset ( all mobos up to z77 will support this cpu)

hi guys i just purchased a r9 290 with a ekwb and a backplate. for a really good deal and want to set up a loop but i have a dell xps and have a few concerns . will the cpu block work with a stock backplate on the mobo on a i7-2600 ... if not what would be a good route to get a motherboard that would or what could i possibly do . i am currently on a 6990 so not having insane temps is important.

gpu

water cooling kit

if needed what case would be a great budget case and a good mobo at a atx size for this chipset ( all mobos up to z77 will support this cpu)

GL fitting it inside of a Dell XPS, but yeah a new case would be good something like a 750D is really good for watercooling, one thing however since you have a locked CPU it's not really worth it to watercool and I'm not sure if you can get 6990 waterblocks.

GL fitting it inside of a Dell XPS, but yeah a new case would be good something like a 750D is really good for watercooling, one thing however since you have a locked CPU it's not really worth it to watercool and I'm not sure if you can get 6990 waterblocks.

Thing is im selling my 6990 for the watercooling kit and i already got the 290 cryovenom. i also dont have 100 bucks for a case...

Thing is im selling my 6990 for the watercooling kit and i already got the 290 cryovenom. i also dont have 100 bucks for a case...

Yeah the 290 isn't bad to watercool but unless you modify the case for and exterior mounted rad setup your not gonna have much room to work with.

Yeah the 290 isn't bad to watercool but unless you modify the case for and exterior mounted rad setup your not gonna have much room to work with.

im looking at cases in the 60 usd top range.  

the card is set in stone but the case and mobo arent also i have a cpu cooler thats a n520 but it can not physically mount to my current mobo unless i do alittle bit of ghetto rigging which may happen.

im looking at cases in the 60 usd top range.  

the card is set in stone but the case and mobo arent also i have a cpu cooler thats a n520 but it can not physically mount to my current mobo unless i do alittle bit of ghetto rigging which may happen.

The s340 would fit that budget approx but isn't the most amazing case for watercooling.

http://www.amazon.com/NZXT-S340-Tower-CA-S340W-W1-White/dp/B00NGMIBXC

my watercooling kit would not support that case....

Hmm it's gonna be hard to get a decent case within that price range that's watercooling friendly 

Hmm it's gonna be hard to get a decent case within that price range that's watercooling friendly 

ive found 4 options fractel 2300, corsair 350d, and a nzxt 220, and cm n series.

new egg ebay has all of then from 49.99 to 69.99

ive found 4 options fractel 2300, corsair 350d, and a nzxt 220, and cm n series.

new egg ebay has all of then from 49.99 to 69.99

I would go with the 350D personally but it is only an M-Atx case however.

I would go with the 350D personally but it is only an M-Atx case however.

my current mobo is only matx sooo it kinda works out 

Custom loops are quite expensive. If you can't afford a pretty cheap new case I don't think you should be considering a loop yet. Save up and do it right.

Custom Loop

4790K - Titan X - 16GB Vengeance 1866 - Asus Vii Hero - EVGA G2 850w - Samsung Evo 500gb - Corsair 760T - ROG SWIFT

Custom loops are quite expensive. If you can't afford a pretty cheap new case I don't think you should be considering a loop yet. Save up and do it right.

Well i will be building a new pc soon as a freind is purchasing mine so im going to be building a amd system to save a few bucks for the watercooling loop