Tehran X1

My 5 year old cousin is hell bent on consoles. I want to build him one for his birthday based on NVIDIA Tegra X1 but I have a problem. Where can I buy a Tegra X1 and a mobo that supports it?

You wouldn't want a mobile processor in a desktop build. What is your budget.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

As far as I know you can't buy a Tegra X1 on it's own. Maybe you should get him a Nvidia Shield portable.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

My 5 year old cousin is he'll bent on consoles. I want to build him one for his birthday based on NVIDIA Tegra X1 but I have a problem. Where can I buy a Tegra X1 and a mobo that supports it?

You should change that title btw.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

You wouldn't want a mobile processor in a desktop build. What is your budget.

I'm trying to establish that by finding out how much it costs. It's not a desktop build I'm going for something like a shield or Ouya but I want to know how it works to upgrade it

I'm trying to establish that by finding out how much it costs. It's not a desktop build I'm going for something like a shield or Ouya but I want to know how it works to upgrade it

So I can upgrade it

You can't

So I can upgrade it

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

So I can upgrade it

You can't build, Nvidia won't sell it to you only OEMs. So your only option is to get a Shield device.

Pascal laptops guide

You can't build, Nvidia won't sell it to you only OEMs. So your only option is to get a Shield device.

Would a TK1 work? I found a kit on amazon

Would a TK1 work? I found a kit on amazon

Show me

Pascal laptops guide

Show me

I'll show you when I get home. Might be a while

Nvidia made a dev kit that used it. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813190005

It costs 200 USD and can't play games. It comes with ubuntu preinstalled and i wouldn't recommend it unless you need a system for devolpement/programming for that chip.

You also must realize this is a ARM based cpu and that is can't run steam, or most games and can only run linux. Build a normal pc.

So I can upgrade it

You also can't upgrade this board as it only uses soldered on ram and has no onboard sata controller. A xbox 360 would be a cheaper and better way to play games(probally faster)

Pascal laptops guide

My 5 year old cousin is hell bent on consoles. I want to build him one for his birthday based on NVIDIA Tegra X1 but I have a problem. Where can I buy a Tegra X1 and a mobo that supports it?

A Desktop will eat a Mobile system for brekky... want it small, use Mini-ITX

You'd be better off with an M-ITX sized case, and M-ITX sized parts.

Gaming rig

I'd go with a decent MITX H97 board, and an i5 4590/4690 + ITX/Whatever length will fit type of GPU (GTX 750Ti/GTX-960/GTX-970-ITX)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

A Desktop will eat a Mobile system for brekky... want it small, use Mini-ITX

You'd be better off with an M-ITX sized case, and M-ITX sized parts.

Gaming rig

I'd go with a decent MITX H97 board, and an i5 4590/4690 + ITX/Whatever length will fit type of GPU (GTX 750Ti/GTX-960/GTX-970-ITX)

Why an i5 instead of an i3?

Why an i5 instead of an i3?

Just to make SURE that all games will play nicer overall,..lightweight games that only really use 1-2 cores, fine on i3/i5,...pretty much all CPU related frame drops are removed from 'Proper' multi-core games with an i5, where the i3 could inhibit stutter and framedrops on heavyweight CPU taxing type scenarios (however random it happens in game at any given time).

Just the best bet for longest term usage (you would not need to upgrade further with an i5 pretty much, esp for typical gaming usage) your next CPU would be for the NEXT system you build in years to come.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz