Fans for custom desk

vitafortis

I'm building a custom desk for myself, and I've run into a bit of a problem. Currently, my two towers are out in the open, which provides plenty of fresh air, but the new desk will have cabinets that they sit in. I picked up a few Corsair AF 120 fans at a local store to be used as exhaust in the back, but then decided I wanted to have an intake set as well. My plan is to build a custom door that can hold 3 rows of 120mm fans in pairs of 2 ( 6 total for each door), but the Corsair AF 120's are a bit pricey to buy a lot of. I'm looking for black case fans with Red LED's that would look great behind a "grill", giving it the look of a car intake. The only major concern is noise, I'd like as silent as possible but still capable of adequate airflow. If Corsair AF 120's are my best bet, so be it, but figured I'd ask first before buying 12 fans just for air intake on doors.

Thanks.

The Venturi and Nocuta fans are well reviewed.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

The Venturi and Nocuta fans are well reviewed.

I've heard great things from Noctua, but they're a bit pricey to just be used for air intake into a cabinet when there will be 6 fans on each side, so I'd prefer something much cheaper.

Thanks though.

Just search for 120/140mm fans and let them spin at 800 rpm?

This would not be loud and still provide with a lot of airflow since you are installing 6 of them

| GPU: MSI GTX 970 | CPU: Intel i5 4460 | PSU: Sharkoon 500Watt 80-plus semi-modular | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 2x4GB |

Just search for 120/140mm fans and let them spin at 800 rpm?

This would not be loud and still provide with a lot of airflow since you are installing 6 of them

That's definitely an option, but I was looking for recommendations so I didn't just buy the cheapest fans possible, because there's still wearing out that has to be accounted for. Too cheap and they're likely to fall apart, and that just doubles the cost. Thanks for the suggestion though.

That's definitely an option, but I was looking for recommendations so I didn't just buy the cheapest fans possible, because there's still wearing out that has to be accounted for. Too cheap and they're likely to fall apart, and that just doubles the cost. Thanks for the suggestion though.

As for recommendations I do have a Noctua redux fan which is very quiet and only 15 euros. However I don't know how quiet they are when installing 6 of them and I'm not sure you want to spend anywhere near 90 euros on fans. (Or any equavalent currency for that matter)

I think this will either be very costly, or the fans will degenerate within a short period of time.

Good luck with finding your solution anyways!

| GPU: MSI GTX 970 | CPU: Intel i5 4460 | PSU: Sharkoon 500Watt 80-plus semi-modular | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 2x4GB |

I would buy packs, like cougar turbines that come in pack of 4s, they have pretty good reviews, i think they are apropiate for your purpose

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/cougar-case-fan-cft12sb4

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/cougar-case-fan-cft12s4

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10