Windows 10 Release Date

theereal

Is Windows 10 being released worldwide tomorrow, or just in certain countries? Im looking for the release date for Norway in particular.

Is Windows 10 being released worldwide tomorrow, or just in certain countries? Im looking for the release date for Norway in particular.

The global release date is July 29th (tomorrow).

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

I believe worldwide, but I'm not 100% sure.

The global Win10 roll-out starts tomorrow. Although, it might be another week before your OS actually prompts you to complete the upgrade.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

we should all benchmark a few games now then several months down the line to see how dx12 has done.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

The global release date is July 29th (tomorrow).

I believe worldwide, but I'm not 100% sure.

The global Win10 roll-out starts tomorrow. Although, it might be another week before your OS actually prompts you to complete the upgrade.

Ok, thanks, but how do i upgrade? Do i click that little windows thingy in the bottom right corner to check if its ready, do i get an email? etc

Ok, thanks, but how do i upgrade? Do i click that little windows thingy in the bottom right corner to check if its ready, do i get an email? etc

Wait until tomrrow. The best you can do to get it early is by reserving it.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Did you click the little windows tray icon and select "reserve your upgrade"? If so, it's just a matter of waiting until something happens.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

Did you click the little windows tray icon and select "reserve your upgrade"? If so, it's just a matter of waiting until something happens.

Yes i did, did it the first time that thing popped up there :P

If you've already reserved your copy through the little windows button, then now all you have to do is wait!

we should all benchmark a few games now then several months down the line to see how dx12 has done.

That's not how it works...the game needs to be made for DX12. As in there are no games that you can benchmark right now that will support dx12.

When in doubt, re-format.

windows will be pushed out into waves to eliminate as much traffic as possible. Most systems should be up tomorrow, or at the end of the week. If you already reserved with the windows Icon, just wait. You cant really do anything else. 

That's not how it works...the game needs to be made for DX12. As in there are no games that you can benchmark right now that will support dx12.

you do realise dx12 is more cpu bound? it helps the gpu more.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

you do realise dx12 is more cpu bound? it helps the gpu more.

Are you trying to say that DX12 will help the GPU by more efficiently communicating with the CPU so that they can work better together? Then you are definitely correct.

The fact still remains that the game/application has to BUILT FOR DX12. And there is nothing released YET that uses DX12, nor should you expect and game developer to go and add DX12 support for any titles that are already out. However, we will be able to benchmark games in both DX11 and DX12 once games supporting DX12 come out, as you will likely have the option tho choose which API you use, like we currently have with Mantle games, and some other games that let you choose DX10vs11.

When in doubt, re-format.

So the downloads for some people have already started. You should see a hidden folder called '$Windows.~BT' in your C drive directory if you have started to download it smile.png It seems to complete at around 6.16GB.. Well that's the highest person i know of :)

7WooaUi.jpg

I can confirm that the release date is tied to a specific timezone. Currently the 29th here and unable to update.

Also, we should take into account that Microsoft is rolling out the updates gradually, meaning not everyone gets o update day 1.

Kind of odd to see that, considering the bulk of the files have already been downloaded for most people.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

12 AM EST, on July 29'th.

Which, according to google, is 6 AM for you guys on July 29'th.

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

So the downloads for some people have already started. You should see a hidden folder called '$Windows.~BT' in your C drive directory if you have started to download it smile.png It seems to complete at around 6.16GB.. Well that's the highest person i know of :)

Just checked my one, the file size 6.47GB and the size on disk is 4.95GB as of 22:29 GMT (UK)