Oculus rift DK1 vs DK2 vs Consumer

TheGeeker

I am in the market for a kit for gta 5. My specs are a i5 4690k and 2 gtx 660s in sli, 8gb ram. Can I run all 60 all the time? I get 60fps in gta 5. Which is best and why? I know that dk2 is not as good in that you can see the pixels and dk1 is better but what about the consumer? Should I just get the dk1 or wait till q1 2016? 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Just wait like most of us, because Valve's VR thingie could be better.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Also, you'd probably have some trouble with that hardware for vr.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

660 sli is about 970.  so not sure. the next step for me would be if buying new going for a 980 ti. No point in a 970 and if I do spend 500 on a 980 ill just get the 980 ti for better performance with 100$ more. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/here-are-the-minimum-specs-oculus-rift-requires-re/1100-6427932/

I also read on their website any gaming pc that runs well can handle it. I can get 60fps in gta 5 on med-high settings at 1080p. SO ill see if I really do need to upgrade. Maybe a used 980? 

I am in the market for a kit for gta 5. My specs are a i5 4690k and 2 gtx 660s in sli, 8gb ram. Can I run all 60 all the time? I get 60fps in gta 5. Which is best and why? I know that dk2 is not as good in that you can see the pixels and dk1 is better but what about the consumer? Should I just get the dk1 or wait till q1 2016? 

I had both dk1, dk2 and gear vr, I highly suggest you wait for the consumer version. Also don't expect to play games that aren't made from the ground up for vr like gta5, you will not have an enjoyable experience.