Low profile cpu cooler recommendations

Go to solution Solved by Swndlr,

Here in Canada that ~$50 so I might want to go with something a little cheaper. I was looking at silverstone AR06 (~$40). Do you know if that is any good?

No idea :(

Here in the US its $40

I am working on a build right now that has a i5-4460 in a rvz-01b case. Obviously i'm not going to be overclocking but I want a low profile cooler that is hopefully quieter than the oem stock cooler. Given the budget oriented nature of the build I'm working on, I would prefer if the cooler was relatively inexpensive (~ <$40).

Thanks in advance!

~ Luc Luc

BeQuiet! Pure Rock would be good. It will have good temps and be quieter then the CoolerMaster 212 Evo ( the price- performance competition at around $30)

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Noctua L9i

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

BeQuiet! Pure Rock would be good. It will have good temps and be quieter then the CoolerMaster 212 Evo ( the price- performance competition at around $30)

Those aren't exactly low profile

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

Those aren't exactly low profile

My bad in the low profile part, I completely mis understood it. It's late and I'm tired lol.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

That cpu cooler is 120mm tall and the rvz-01b is only 105mm wide. So no that wont work. I need a very low profile cooler.

~ Luc Luc

My bad in the low profile part, I completely mis understood it. It's late and I'm tired lol.

I hear ya man  ;)

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

That cpu cooler is 120mm tall and the rvz-01b is only 105mm wide. So no that wont work. I need a very low profile cooler.

I don't know much in the area but I'd look into cooler master. I know they've got some low profile coolers in the $30-$40 range.

I always thought that phanteks had the best looking low profile cooler, and you can put any 120mm fan on it.

http://www.amazon.ca/Phanteks-PH-TC12LS-Low-Profile-Heatsinks-Cooling/dp/B00QJI75AA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1437629219&sr=8-4&keywords=phanteks+cooler

That said Deepcool also has a slightly cheaper cooler that also looks quite nice.

Noctua L9i

Here in Canada that ~$50 so I might want to go with something a little cheaper. I was looking at silverstone AR06 (~$40). Do you know if that is any good?

~ Luc Luc

Here in the US its $40

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Here in the US its $40

Thanks for the help anyways! I may just spring for the noctua cooler.

~ Luc Luc

I like the Scythe Big suriken, it should fit and it already comes with a low profile fan too (click image for link):

41KuyEaCP9L.jpg

-------

Current Rig

-------