Which headset?

ShiroiTenshi

Hello everyone. I think I have asked this question here before, but it won't hurt if I ask it again... Can someone recommend me a good headset?(not headphones). I currently have Steelseries Elite (And it's cr*p) because my left ear cup isn't working anymore after a few months. Before these headphones I had Steelseries Siberia v2 and for them I had the same problem but they lasted at least for 2 years. So yeah... I just need a good headset which I could trust and is comfy. ^^

HyperX Cloud II

going from this headtset the pc 350 se would make a difference definitely, how ever you can spend a bit more on the beyer mx300 and be set for life basically - both are reliable

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

Sennheiser g4me one if you have the money.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

Do you need a mic?

How much are you willing to spend?

Any color scheme you want or need?

Do you need a mic?

How much are you willing to spend?

Any color scheme you want or need?

If it's a headset it's suppose to come with mic. I don't care how much but not like 1000. ;D And yeah any color, I just want them to be good. ^^

I'm really into my Astro A40 Mixamp! I really don't understand all the hate it's receiving, great sound, comfy and great looks if that's a thing! The A40's are also somewhat costumisable, they come in different colors and just.. Man the headset with the Mixamp overall makes it amazing! You get alot of room to do what you want with it as well, like if you want to connect it to different sources of sounds at the same time it's no problem, thanks to your tiny mixertable!

I highly recommend those! Google them a bit, they're quite popular!

PS: DO NOT MIX THEM UP WITH ITS BAD BIG BROTHER ASTRO A50

If it's a headset it's suppose to come with mic. I don't care how much but not like 1000. ;D And yeah any color, I just want them to be good. ^^

Sennheiser G4ME ZERO (highly recommended for best soundstage)

HyperX Cloud 1/2 (great for the price)

I'm really into my Astro A40 Mixamp! I really don't understand all the hate it's receiving, great sound, comfy and great looks if that's a thing! The A40's are also somewhat costumisable, they come in different colors and just.. Man the headset with the Mixamp overall makes it amazing! You get alot of room to do what you want with it as well, like if you want to connect it to different sources of sounds at the same time it's no problem, thanks to your tiny mixertable!

I highly recommend those! Google them a bit, they're quite popular!

PS: DO NOT MIX THEM UP WITH ITS BAD BIG BROTHER ASTRO A50

A40s are awful, they sound mediocre for the price they cost, the first pair I bought were broken out of the box and the second pair Broke after 2 months, the mixamp kept breaking the audio up and making it crackle and freeze, stay away from Astros, my sennheiser g4me one costs less than the latest astro a40s and sound much better.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

Sennheiser G4ME ZERO (highly recommended for best soundstage)

HyperX Cloud 1/2 (great for the price)

The g4me one is better as it is an open-back headset meaning the sounds are more natural but I'm guessing the g4me zero is very good too

The g4me one is better as it is an open-back headset meaning the sounds are more natural but I'm guessing the g4me zero is very good too

Yeah, forgot to mention that too

A40s are awful, they sound mediocre for the price they cost, the first pair I bought were broken out of the box and the second pair Broke after 2 months, the mixamp kept breaking the audio up and making it crackle and freeze, stay away from Astros, my sennheiser g4me one costs less than the latest astro a40s and sound much better.

I hear alot about this as people recommend them, and I really don't understand to be honest! I have tons of friends with the Astros and all of us absolutely love them, none of them has ever had any complaints or any misfortune with them breaking either. And I believe the sound is AMAZING, gaming and music both sound great through the mixamp after hooking it up with the SPDIF cable!

And if we are talking about ASAP headset because I thought about it and I need them ASAP I can't live with one ear cup so maybe there is some cheaper ones (lol) to use them for a few weeks but with good quality. And then I could just buy any of these recommended above. ^^

I hear alot about this as people recommend them, and I really don't understand to be honest! I have tons of friends with the Astros and all of us absolutely love them, none of them has ever had any complaints or any misfortune with them breaking either. And I believe the sound is AMAZING, gaming and music both sound great through the mixamp after hooking it up with the SPDIF cable!

They sounded "ok" with a sound card because of the ddl, they we're pretty good for call of duty not gonna lie but for everything else meh my cheap turtle beaches sounded the same near enough, they cost too much for what they sound like, I'm pretty sure you can get like a pair of sennheiser hd600 for the price of Astros and believe me they're in a different league although they're not a headset but headphones.

And if we are talking about ASAP headset because I thought about it and I need them ASAP I can't live with one ear cup so maybe there is some cheaper ones (lol) to use them for a few weeks but with good quality. And then I could just buy any of these recommended above. ^^

How much do you have now ? I would honestly recommend the g4me one, if you're from America here

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-G4ME-ONE-Gaming-Headset/dp/B00GWU8FTK

Have you ever tried any other headsets yet? (If you haven't then I understand)

The A40s are great especially in the looks, but the sound isn't that great compared to others in the price range

It has deeper sounds to make explosions immersive but they give up all the other elements that headsets like the G4AME Zero/One have

But the deeper sounds do give a better experience that are more focused around games like Call of Duty and Battlefield 

The HyperX Cloud 1/2 for the overall price for performance

Okay, you believe the sound is amazing. That's fine, but it makes me doubt you've ever had a listen with a REALLY nice pair of headphones. If you'd have tried something in the ~$300 range, I'm sure you would change your tune about the astros. It's hard to imagine parts of songs that are there, when your headphones literally can't reproduce the sounds... (The same applies to games) Once you go high end, you never go back, and it's not because you have money invested, it's because there is *actually* a difference. (I'm talking about headphones, we really don't need to go into all the stuff with DACs and amps...)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Ok thank you all for responding to my thread. ^^

Sennheiser game series, or whatever the Audio Technica headset is are going to be the best headsets you can buy without going to dedicated headphones with an external mic. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Here is a poll on a40s vs g4me zero (the ones sound better) , I'm glad I converted, Astros were made for call of duty players who don't know anything about audio (no offence)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/70214730

Have you ever tried any other headsets yet? (If you haven't then I understand)

The A40s are great especially in the looks, but the sound isn't that great compared to others in the price range

It has deeper sounds to make explosions immersive but they give up all the other elements that headsets like the G4AME Zero/One have

But the deeper sounds do give a better experience that are more focused around games like Call of Duty and Battlefield 

The HyperX Cloud 1/2 for the overall price for performance

Well I have but not too thoroughly, to me Sennheiser seem overrated! Though I shouldn't say anythign about them since I haven't REALLY tested them, I'd love to though!

Well I have but not too thoroughly, to me Sennheiser seem overrated! Though I shouldn't say anythign about them since I haven't REALLY tested them, I'd love to though!

Try to spend some real time with them in a quiet environment next time you get the chance, and really listen to every detail. Then you'll understand :)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Come again.... Sennheiser has been in the audio industry longer than you have been alive, they make some of the best audio peripherals in the world, Germans know what they're doing.

You really should try them as it will broaden your soundstage especially in a quiet room

No, Sennheiser isn't overrated, it's just that they are a trustworthy headset/headphone brand and have been making them for a long time (German Ingenuity at it's finest)

Try to spend some real time with them in a quiet environment next time you get the chance, and really listen to every detail. Then you'll understand :)

Yes I will! We'll see what happens when I choose to upgrade next time, because I'm more than happy with my Astros at the moment! Suits me perfectly since I play alot on different consoles. ^^