Windows 10 Retail version available on August 16th

Tarzan

Microsoft, what the hell are you doing?

What's the problem exactly? :huh:

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Microsoft, what the hell are you doing?

They are making the product complete and are continuing to work on it up to July 29th, then DVD's will be printed and shipped to stores and then to customers by August 16th. They want to give you the most bug free experience they can, be happy :P

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

They are making the product complete and are continuing to work on it up to July 29th, then DVD's will be printed and shipped to stores and then to customers by August 16th. They want to give you the most bug free experience they can, be happy :P

Actually it'll be flashdrives. Check the product title on Amazon ;).

I think its already gone to its RTM version, for something on the scale of Windows I don't think 2.5 weeks would be enough to effectively manufacture and distribute it.

Actually, they are available on both disc and on flash drives.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

It will be on DVD and flash drives c:

I think its already gone to its RTM version, for something on the scale of Windows I don't think 2.5 weeks would be enough to effectively manufacture and distribute it.

RTM Still isn't complete for the consumer. It's just done enough for manufacturers to start working on drivers for Windows 10.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

RTM Still isn't complete for the consumer. It's just done enough for manufacturers to start working on drivers for Windows 10.

RTM is usually what starts getting put to disk, any later changes can come through in updates.

Actually, they are available on both disc and on flash drives.

sw7yusw90sw09.gif

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Is this where I tell you distributors already have stock?

Is this where I tell you distributors already have stock?

Possibly  :ph34r: If they do why would they wait to sell it?

Possibly  :ph34r: If they do why would they wait to sell it?

Release dates my friend & the issues that arise from breaking them

Release dates my friend & the issues that arise from breaking them

The release date is July 29th? Or is that only if you are upgrading from win7/8?

RTM is the final code freeze so retail discs can be printed and OEM copies sent out for pre-installation.

Windows 10 uses the exact same driver model as 7 & 8 did (with the exception of Display Drivers or WDDM) so any drivers which work on older version will work on 10.

Any updates now will be provided by patches and Windows Update, for both OEM partners and consumers alike.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Nice. :)
I wonder what USB specs are going to be though.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |