Will a intel i5 3570 bottleneck a 780

Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

Im using itx so I need to keep my upgrades to a minimum and buy the best at the moment

Oh, I never knew that. 

Get a 780 if you must have almost everything maxed as long as possible.

Go for the 7970 if you don't mind playing only on high/ultra for a little bit less--I'm guessing about 2 years before you have to turn settings down from high. 

Will it and what screen would you recommend to fully utilize the the graphics card

"My Profile Picture Says Everything You Need To Know About Life"

no it will not and I recommend a 1440P or 1600P monitor Dell or ASUS are always pretty good when it comes to these.

Nope, If it will it will only be in very CPU Intensive games, and those generally don't require much hardware anyways. 

For monitor, 1440p or more IPS panel with good reviews.

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

no it will not and I recommend a 1440P or 1600P monitor Dell or ASUS are always pretty good when it comes to these.

Nope, If it will it will only be in very CPU Intensive games, and those generally don't require much hardware anyways. 

For monitor, 1440p or more IPS panel with good reviews.

But wouldn't a higher resolution screen mean less fps

It would, but would improve the game quality  in other ways.

If you're concerned with fps you can watch Linus 1440p 780 Performance review.

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

It would, but would improve the game quality  in other ways.

If you're concerned with fps you can watch Linus 1440p 780 Performance review.

Well it depends on what he's doing, for fast paced FPS games I definitely wouldn't recommend 1440p displays since they have higher latency and lower refresh rate. I recommend he goes with a 1080p 120hz display, with a 1-2ms latency. That way he can truly enjoy the fluidity of 120fps, which he could easily reach with his 780.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

A 770/7970 maxes out pretty much everything at 1080p. 

If you get a 780 for a 1080 display, you're wasting your money for performance you're not using.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

A 770/7970 maxes out pretty much everything at 1080p. 

If you get a 780 for a 1080 display, you're wasting your money for performance you're not using.

Are you sure though because a 780 might last me longer  and give me higher fps

Are you sure though because a 780 might last me longer  and give me higher fps

You could always just add another 770/7970 for crossfire/sli if you need more fps later on for cheap. 

By the time you need to upgrade from that, newer, more powerful, and cheaper alternatives will be available.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You could always just add another 770/7970 for crossfire/sli if you need more fps later on for cheap. 

By the time you need to upgrade from that, newer, more powerful, and cheaper alternatives will be available.

Im using itx so I need to keep my upgrades to a minimum and buy the best at the moment

Oh, I never knew that. 

Get a 780 if you must have almost everything maxed as long as possible.

Go for the 7970 if you don't mind playing only on high/ultra for a little bit less--I'm guessing about 2 years before you have to turn settings down from high.