260x drivers makes windows 7 not boot

my build:

i3 4160

Msi h81m-p33

asus directCU II r7 260x

2x 4gb 1333 mhz ram

thermaltake 630w Psu

windows 7 64bit

So 2 days ago i bought a replacement for my old i3 540, i reinstalled windows and than the GPU drivers from AMD website, and i just cant make windows get past the logo screen when i try to restart it or just start it. I've tried Beta 15.6 drivers, i've tried 14.12 (latest drivers) i've tried 14.4 drivers, i've tried installing the full package OR just installing the core... But nothing works until i reset windows in the f8 menu before the drivers OR just pull the card out and connect to the i3 iGPU and than windows boots up fine even with the AMD drivers.

My theory is that my old (unstable) overclock is still in the bios of the card and when i install the drivers with the card in the system it tries to run the card but crashes. So can anyone give me advice on bios flashing? I already downloaded latest versions of atiwinflash and my card bios from techpowerup...

did you mod the bios of the gpu?

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Reset all bios setting and try again

Don't start a post without pc specs.

Or your card if defect....

Don't start a post without pc specs.

did you mod the bios of the gpu?

No i overclocked it with asus gpu tweak

Reset all bios setting and try again

All mobo settings or GPU because i dont know how to reset Gpu settings?

If it is the overclock then go into safe mode and uninstall the overclocking program. Restart. Reinstall the program and live the rest of your days with a smile.

If it's not then pray to the Gods.

It's not a race to the bottom.

If it is the overclock then go into safe mode and uninstall the overclocking program. Restart. Reinstall the program and live the rest of your days with a smile.

If it's not then pray to the Gods.

It's an old overclock, from old system, i have no overclocking program installed

so you booted fine during the windows install until you put on AMD drivers ?

boot into safe mode, remove the AMD driver pack completely and reinstall a previous version.

if you still can't boot may I suggest a complete Windows reinstall before we go on a witch hunt for other issues. 

so you booted fine during the windows install until you put on AMD drivers ?

boot into safe mode, remove the AMD driver pack completely and reinstall a previous version.

if you still can't boot may I suggest a complete Windows reinstall before we go on a witch hunt for other issues. 

I already tried all of that... Lets just get to the witch hunting :)

so is anyone going to get any smart ideas or... should i just throw my gpu out of the window?

my question is can an overclock stay in the bios even after reinstalling windows and will bios flashing bring the card back?

so does anyone have any ideas? should i reflash my gpu bios?

my build:

i3 4160

Msi h81m-p33

asus directCU II r7 260x

2x 4gb 1333 mhz ram

thermaltake 630w Psu

windows 7 64bit

So 2 days ago i bought a replacement for my old i3 540, i reinstalled windows and than the GPU drivers from AMD website, and i just cant make windows get past the logo screen when i try to restart it or just start it. I've tried Beta 15.6 drivers, i've tried 14.12 (latest drivers) i've tried 14.4 drivers, i've tried installing the full package OR just installing the core... But nothing works until i reset windows in the f8 menu before the drivers OR just pull the card out and connect to the i3 iGPU and than windows boots up fine even with the AMD drivers.

My theory is that my old (unstable) overclock is still in the bios of the card and when i install the drivers with the card in the system it tries to run the card but crashes. So can anyone give me advice on bios flashing? I already downloaded latest versions of atiwinflash and my card bios from techpowerup...

Just go ahead and buy a new card.

I have two of these, which I have RMAd 3 times EACH, and I get issues with it either not booting, artifacting, bsoding, shutdowns, DPC Latency issues, and the latest one was that I got it back, put it in a machine, it got to windows for 30 seconds and never turned on again. 

And Asus is making it even worse, asking me for $144 to get the card replaced. 

Get a GTX 960 or something, i'm going to go smash my two cards.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!