how to know if i damaged the motherboard

i had problem with my case "corsair 200r" which prevented me from hiding the 8 pin cpu connector behind the motherboard thay. so i took everything apart and when i tried to install the motherboard again i heard some very quiet noises(when i pushed it against the io), so i took it apart again to check for physical damage, i can't see any and i can still boot up and everything. but i just want to make sure that there isn't going to be any long term damage

You're being very vague... But if it posts and doesn't shutdown/bsods it's probably fine.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

What is a "silent noise"?

How would you have "hidden" the 8-pin connector? Due to ninja edit this no longer makes sense.

If you can't see any damage how do you expect people who can't see it to tell if there is any long term damage?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

How would you have "hidden" the 8-pin connector?

If you can't see any damage how do you expect people who can't see it to tell if there is any long term damage?

sorry i wrote this in a hurry i have edited it now

How would you have "hidden" the 8-pin connector? Due to ninja edit this no longer makes sense.

i don't expect anyone too be able to do that, but i just wanted to know if someone have tried this and had any trouble later than down the road

i don't expect anyone too be able to do that, but i just wanted to know if someone have tried this and had any trouble later than down the road

If you can't see any damage and everything is working as it should, you'll be fine. Motherboards are quite tough.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

So you couldn't route your 8 pin connector in the 200r, so you took everything out again? Seems like a lot of work. Either way, placing a motherboard in will create some noises. Usually you gotta cram it against the I/O plate and line up the standoffs, which is where your noise came from likely. I doubt there is any damage if it still runs. 

My 200r I can route the 8 pin connector behind the motherboard tray. Unless your cable length is the issue leave your top fans out until everything is installed. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

So you couldn't route your 8 pin connector in the 200r, so you took everything out again? Seems like a lot of work. Either way, placing a motherboard in will create some noises. Usually you gotta cram it against the I/O plate and line up the standoffs, which is where your noise came from likely. I doubt there is any damage if it still runs. 

My 200r I can route the 8 pin connector behind the motherboard tray. Unless your cable length is the issue leave your top fans out until everything is installed. 

thanks that clears up alot :)

in regards to the 8 pin connector it was actually the motherboard itself that blocked the 8 pin from going through the cable hole thingy which was why i had to uninstall it