Bestbuy

Was checkin it out and saw some poor sap get tricked into buyin some cruddy old amd apu laptop.

What do you know, best buy actually knows how to sell computers to people.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

depends on how much he paid for it and what he'll use it for

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

900 bucks 4 some cruddy AMD A8-6410 doesn't seem worth it

depends on how much he paid for it and what he'll use it for

Ya they do that. They sold my grand-parents a Pen D with vista (when win7 was all ready out) with only 1 GB (2x512MB) of RAM for $500. 

900 bucks 4 some cruddy AMD A8-6410 doesn't seem worth it

$900 for an a8? that's an insanely high price. i guess it's his fault for not doing the proper research before dropping $900

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

$900 for an a8? that's an insanely high price. i guess it's his fault for not doing the proper research before dropping $900

I guess can't really blame bestbuy, they got employees who've prob got kids 2 feed.

I guess can't really blame bestbuy, they got employees who've prob got kids 2 feed.

That's usually why I don't like tech stores, the continually take advantage of people who don't know much about technology and get them to overpay for bad products because they work off of commission. The worst part is is that they have to to actually get paid a decent amount of money. So if they don't rip people off they can't feed their family.

That's why I will never work at a commission tech store.

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

Best Buy is absolute crap. After my experience the last time I was in there, I will NEVER go back.

I went in, not looking for something for myself, but because I was out doing some errands with my sister, and she wanted to look for a DVD set. We looked around for about 30 minutes, no employees in our area. She finally got frustrated enough to go and ask an employee for help finding the DVD set she was looking for. The nearest person we could find was a guy in the area for sound systems. He was helping other customers, but all she wanted to ask him was "can you call for someone to help me in the DVD section?", what was his response?

He turned the fucking stereo he was showing to a customer, up to full blast, put his hand to his ear, and shouted "I'm sorry, I can't hear you" (we were about 20 or 30 feet from him).

We walked out, saying very loudly "fuck this place, we're never coming back again". We should have gone and complained to the manager, but my sister was so angry she didn't even feel like doing that.

Fuck Best Buy.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That's usually why I don't like tech stores, the continually take advantage of people who don't know much about technology and get them to overpay for bad products because they work off of commission. The worst part is is that they have to to actually get paid a decent amount of money. So if they don't rip people off they can't feed their family.

Unless they changed their policies, best buy is not a commission based wage.  I've had countless friends work there, one of which was a manager, and none made commission at all.  Although, they did make very nice starting pay in comparison to other department stores and unskilled professions.

Somehow they suckered my mom into buying this toshiba laptop for $350, when I told her so many times before she bought it how garbage it is.  You get what you pay for I guess.  It can't be any worse than QVC and the elderly

MOBO- MSI z97 gaming 5  CPU- I5 4690k   GPU- G1 Gaming gtx970  RAM- 16gb Corsair Vegeance  PSU- Corsair RM650  COOLING- Corsair H110iGT 

STORAGE- AMD r7 120gb SSD / 500gb HDD  CASE- Phanteks Enthoo Luxe   Sound-  Logitech z506 / Corsair Void  Peripherals- G710, G502

Unless they changed their policies, best buy is not a commission based wage.  I've had countless friends work there, one of which was a manager, and none made commission at all.  Although, they did make very nice starting pay in comparison to other department stores and unskilled professions.

Somehow they suckered my mom into buying this toshiba laptop for $350, when I told her so many times before she bought it how garbage it is.  You get what you pay for I guess.  It can't be any worse than QVC and the elderly

I actually don't know best buy's policies (I actually think they vary from store to store) and I was just talking about most tech stores in general. Even some stores that don't offer commission encourage their employees to get the most profit possible. I still think that online is the best way to shop.

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

I actually don't know best buy's policies (I actually think they vary from store to store) and I was just talking about most tech stores in general. Even some stores that don't offer commission encourage their employees to get the most profit possible. I still think that online is the best way to shop.

I agree online is the "best" (cheapest) way to shop, but then you have to question customer service, if there is a problem how hard is it going to be to replace, as well as can you wait a week for the product.

Sure stores are going to push for as many sales as possible thats part of business, do they want to keep their job security or be subject to layoffs and closures?

I prefer to shop at frys over best buy, the prices are better, more of a selection, as well as better customer service.  Best buy seems to sell last years products at more than this years products prices.  Not to mention their staff is half witted about the departments they service.  My last shopping experience was a couple years ago, I was looking for a pcie network adapter.  the first employee gave me a blank stare, called his coworker, who said he's never heard of them making something like that because "laptops are the only way to have a wireless connection, desktops require a ethernet cable."  Needless to say, I found it myself, and left with one.

MOBO- MSI z97 gaming 5  CPU- I5 4690k   GPU- G1 Gaming gtx970  RAM- 16gb Corsair Vegeance  PSU- Corsair RM650  COOLING- Corsair H110iGT 

STORAGE- AMD r7 120gb SSD / 500gb HDD  CASE- Phanteks Enthoo Luxe   Sound-  Logitech z506 / Corsair Void  Peripherals- G710, G502

I agree online is the "best" (cheapest) way to shop, but then you have to question customer service, if there is a problem how hard is it going to be to replace, as well as can you wait a week for the product.

Sure stores are going to push for as many sales as possible thats part of business, do they want to keep their job security or be subject to layoffs and closures?

I prefer to shop at frys over best buy, the prices are better, more of a selection, as well as better customer service.  Best buy seems to sell last years products at more than this years products prices.  Not to mention their staff is half witted about the departments they service.  My last shopping experience was a couple years ago, I was looking for a pcie network adapter.  the first employee gave me a blank stare, called his coworker, who said he's never heard of them making something like that because "laptops are the only way to have a wireless connection, desktops require a ethernet cable."  Needless to say, I found it myself, and left with one.

xD.  Also, I have shopped at fry's a couple of times. The experience was enjoyable. The prices were higher than they were online, but they (at least the one I live by) price match to online stores such as amazon. One thing I do like about irl stores is that, most of the time, they will let you take a product out of the box and let you try it before you buy it. (I actually have gone there about 5 times to try out mechanical keyboards and never buy them :P). The only thing is is that most of the time I go there they seen to be sold out of a lot of stuff. Every single time I go there they're all out of G502s. (That's okay because I think i'm going to buy one refurbished anyway).

-Ron White

xD.  Also, I have shopped at fry's a couple of times. The experience was enjoyable. The prices were higher than they were online, but they (at least the one I live by) price match to online stores such as amazon. One thing I do like about irl stores is that, most of the time, they will let you take a product out of the box and let you try it before you buy it. (I actually have gone there about 5 times to try out mechanical keyboards and never buy them :P). The only thing is is that most of the time I go there they seen to be sold out of a lot of stuff. Every single time I go there they're all out of G502s. (That's okay because I think i'm going to buy one refurbished anyway).

I got my g502 from walmart, and they price match amazon as well

I am a terrible customer, because I have a habit of opening EVERYTHING that isnt wrapped in cellophane before I make a decision and buy something.  I don't even ask lol.   Fry's prices are really high on a majority of items, but they price match nearly anything as long as the price is listed on the sellers actual website.

I got my g502 from walmart, and they price match amazon as well

I am a terrible customer, because I have a habit of opening EVERYTHING that isnt wrapped in cellophane before I make a decision and buy something.  I don't even ask lol.   Fry's prices are really high on a majority of items, but they price match nearly anything as long as the price is listed on the sellers actual website.

If only they price matched the new 502s with the refurbished ones on amazon. >:)

-Ron White

Best Buy is absolute crap. After my experience the last time I was in there, I will NEVER go back.

I went in, not looking for something for myself, but because I was out doing some errands with my sister, and she wanted to look for a DVD set. We looked around for about 30 minutes, no employees in our area. She finally got frustrated enough to go and ask an employee for help finding the DVD set she was looking for. The nearest person we could find was a guy in the area for sound systems. He was helping other customers, but all she wanted to ask him was "can you call for someone to help me in the DVD section?", what was his response?

He turned the fucking stereo he was showing to a customer, up to full blast, put his hand to his ear, and shouted "I'm sorry, I can't hear you" (we were about 20 or 30 feet from him).

We walked out, saying very loudly "fuck this place, we're never coming back again". We should have gone and complained to the manager, but my sister was so angry she didn't even feel like doing that.

Fuck Best Buy.

Some of my cousins have had awful experiences with Best Buy. I normally only go there to buy cheap video games or something like that. 

Sucks what that dude did to you guys. 

Geeksquad is the worst.

It's mostly these big electronics stores like Best Buy that I see doing this. I'd rather shop at NCIX for computer parts or Newegg. 

Some of my cousins have had awful experiences with Best Buy. I normally only go there to buy cheap video games or something like that. 

Sucks what that dude did to you guys. 

Geeksquad is the worst.

Hopefully I won't end up working for Geeksquad when I get done with tech school lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It's mostly these big electronics stores like Best Buy that I see doing this. I'd rather shop at NCIX for computer parts or Newegg. 

Yeah, i've head that places like NCIX, Newegg, and microcenter are good. Pretty much anything is better than Best Buy...

-Ron White

Hopefully I won't end up working for Geeksquad when I get done with tech school lol

Ya and good luck

• 4 weeks later...

I prefer to shop at frys over best buy, the prices are better, more of a selection, as well as better customer service. Best buy seems to sell last years products at more than this years products prices. Not to mention their staff is half witted about the departments they service. My last shopping experience was a couple years ago, I was looking for a pcie network adapter. the first employee gave me a blank stare, called his coworker, who said he's never heard of them making something like that because "laptops are the only way to have a wireless connection, desktops require a ethernet cable." Needless to say, I found it myself, and left with one.

Actually the cheapest place to shop is Best Buy ;). I work there and we price match everything from Frys to Microcenter, Amazon and Newegg. Great place to work. No commission. Friendly atmosphere. And amazing discount. If the price match is like half off we get a manager to sign off on it but I've seen people walk away with huge discounts on GPUs and laptops because we price matched sales on Amazon or Microcenter.

Actually the cheapest place to shop is Best Buy ;). I work there and we price match everything from Frys to Microcenter, Amazon and Newegg. Great place to work. No commission. Friendly atmosphere. And amazing discount. If the price match is like half off we get a manager to sign off on it but I've seen people walk away with huge discounts on GPUs and laptops because we price matched sales on Amazon or Microcenter.

does best buy sell processors? what about a variety of ram? water cooling? motherboards? cases?

That's why I don't shop best buy

does best buy sell processors? what about a variety of ram? water cooling? motherboards? cases?

Yes. Website sells just about anything and they can order it for you in the store if you go there and they don't have exactly what you're looking for. Though you'd be surprised how decent our in store PC component selection is. And you always get the lowest price there. The literal only places we don't price match are Craigslist and eBay and random sellers on Amazon. 

I walk through best buy at least once every couple of weeks. They sometimes have decent sales, and it's nice to be able to look at and feel most things before I buy them. 

But really, that's all they are for me - a place to see something before I buy it off amazon or newegg. Yeah, it's awesome that they pricematch - but unless it's an exact match they won't. So, sometimes I just need to buy it online. 

Some folks there are actually knowledgeable. I've had long chats with some of them before - and either I'm laughing at their stupidity by the time I'm done, or, I had a great conversation with a local geek who knows his stuff. In reality - they are not the ones who choose what they have to sell, they have no choice but to rip you off on cables and stuff. But in most cases, best buy. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Yes. Website sells just about anything and they can order it for you in the store if you go there and they don't have exactly what you're looking for. Though you'd be surprised how decent our in store PC component selection is. And you always get the lowest price there. The literal only places we don't price match are Craigslist and eBay and random sellers on Amazon. 

I love how much you talk them up, I've seen their instore it isnt anything that great, nor is their online inventory, I prefer frys if there is one local.  Way more selection, same price matching as best buy, and 30 day return on OPEN and used products