Is This Laptop Real Or Fake?

Go to solution Solved by rcarlos243,

It is a real laptop.

It has a different model name on other country thats why you can't find a single review for it.

review of the laptop: http://laptopmedia.com/review/asus-rog-gl552-review-it-looks-like-a-rog-notebook-but-it-doesnt-feel-like-it/

The thing that is not very good about the laptop were:

-mediocre built quality

-battery life only last 3hrs under lite usage

-has thunderbolt port for potential external graphics card (Link)

-GPU uses GDDR3 instead of GDDR5 which could impact performance significantly

If you want a better laptop then I suggest you get the 17.3" Asus G751JM-BHI7T25 (pre-owned satisfactory condition) from cowboom for $644.99 + tax ($664.99 - $20 coupon LINK).

-It has better GPU (GTX 860m GDDR5)

-better screen (1920x1080 75hz IPS Touch Screen which can be overclock to 100Hz easily).

-better cooling

downside is it only has 8GB RAM, bigger, and heavier.

If you want a lighter laptop then the Lenovo Y50 with i7 4720HQ (note the other Lenovo with i7 47xx uses a TN panel instead of IPS screen) on ebay is good (like this)

-it uses GTX 860m GDDR5

-1080p IPS Touch Screen

-better build quality

http://laptopmedia.com/reviews/lenovo-y50-gtx-960m-vs-acer-aspire-v15-nitro-black-edition-gtx-960m-in-depth-comparison-two-slim-gaming-powerhouses/#battery

note: GTX 960m is a rebrand of GTX 860m which is a GM107 chip Maxwell chip.

Hello I Recently Bought this asus laptop but it seems like i cannot find 1 review of it this guy has bunch of reps on his ebay but i cannot find the laptop anywhere that reviews it if anyone could tell me what this is i would really appreciate it. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121656115178?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

only pay via paypal. no matter what. don't buy without paypal.

wow... pretty empty here...

only pay via paypal. no matter what. don't buy without paypal.

Ik thats what i did his feedback is way up high and more then 400 people bought this but has no reviews 

i found it on amazon.  that laptop is real so his probobly is too.

these specs don't match what he has listed on ebay.   you might have gotten ripped off a bit.

ignore me i don't what im doing anymore.

found the real one

Butchered that #LikeABoss #HashTaggingOutsideTwitterLikeADouche

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

If you pay via PayPal, you'll be fine.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

these specs don't match what he has listed on ebay.   you might have gotten ripped off a bit.

Thats Not the laptop it comes with gtx 950m with republic of gamers

Thats Not the laptop it comes with gtx 950m with republic of gamers

i fixed my post like 7 times

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

ignore me i don't what im doing anymore.

found the real one

Butchered that #LikeABoss #HashTaggingOutsideTwitterLikeADouche

Found it? 1 Problem Bro there is littarly 0 reviews of this laptop i just dont get it i need proof this is real and not just i dont really know xD

Anyone Know anything about this laptop or is the model entered wrong?

Anyone Know anything about this laptop or is the model entered wrong?

Its only half the model number, it tells us the line but theres multiple versions of it being sold with different specs.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 XX Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty H97 Killer XX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory XX GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II XX Case: Phanteks Evolve ATX XX Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB SSD ; Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD; Western Digital Caviar Blue 3TB HDD XX PSU: Thermaltake SMART 550W 80+ Bronze 

I wouldn't suggest buying that laptop from that seller. The seller has 14 negatives and 5 neutrals on his eBay reputation within the last month, and most of them bought MacBook's or Surface Pro's and are having problems. The $250 in savings isn't worth the risk. You should just save up some more money and buy it from a retailer such as NCIX.

fDHJ3V5.png

byOlcZZ.png

I can buy a custom pc but i really want a laptop because this summer i have to travel places so i risked it but i orderd it via paypal so if its not as described as is ill make him pay shipping and not me.

It is a real laptop.

It has a different model name on other country thats why you can't find a single review for it.

review of the laptop: http://laptopmedia.com/review/asus-rog-gl552-review-it-looks-like-a-rog-notebook-but-it-doesnt-feel-like-it/

-mediocre built quality

If you want a better laptop then I suggest you get the 17.3" Asus G751JM-BHI7T25 (pre-owned satisfactory condition) from cowboom for $644.99 + tax ($664.99 - $20 coupon LINK).

-better screen (1920x1080 75hz IPS Touch Screen which can be overclock to 100Hz easily).

-better cooling

If you want a lighter laptop then the Lenovo Y50 with i7 4720HQ (note the other Lenovo with i7 47xx uses a TN panel instead of IPS screen) on ebay is good (like this)

-it uses GTX 860m GDDR5

-1080p IPS Touch Screen

-better build quality

http://laptopmedia.com/reviews/lenovo-y50-gtx-960m-vs-acer-aspire-v15-nitro-black-edition-gtx-960m-in-depth-comparison-two-slim-gaming-powerhouses/#battery

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

-better cooling

It really has touchscreen? I highly doubt it though.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

It really has touchscreen? I highly doubt it though.

yes it has.

http://tinyurl.com/pt63gkr

It was originally a best buy exclusive.

there is also an actual picture on newegg showing the screen has touch screen sticker to it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232383&cm_re=Asus_G751JM-BHI7T25-_-34-232-383-_-Product

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

It is a real laptop.

-mediocre built quality

-better cooling

-it uses GTX 860m GDDR5

-1080p IPS Touch Screen

-better build quality

8GB DDR3 memory on the g751jm

8GB DDR3 memory on the g751jm

Unless you are running multiple VM's or have a specialized application, 8GB of RAM of RAM is enough. There is also 2 unpopulated DIMM slot on G751JM so you can add additional RAM if you really want.