980 Ti microstuttering

K_c1n

So i just got a nvidia card im now team green woo, except not woo really i get horrible microstutters all the time in all games ive tried at random intervals sometimes its small sometimes they are big. Ive tried vsync on and off and adaptive in control panel that doesnt fix it. ive also tried limiting to 60 fps and lowering to 60Hz also not helped the only things i know are it happens between 60 and 50 fps and its definetly the cards fault because i didnt have this problem last week when i was using a 280x anyone got any advice?

What games?  So far, I have 2 games that have micro stutter: GTA V and Batman Arkham Knights (Not really micro stutter but major stutters)  The drivers are still shit for the 980 Ti.  Still waiting on a good driver from NVIDIA to help improve on performance.  .06,  .12(Hotfix), .30 are the only available drivers that will work for the 980 Ti

I have a potato!

What resolution are you running at? My 8350 was bottle necking my 290x's in much the same manner as what you are experiencing now (micro-stuttering). It may be that.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Gta v and elite dangerous, so are we saying its a driver problem?

Yes.

I have a potato!

So i just got a nvidia card im now team green woo, except not woo really i get horrible microstutters all the time in all games ive tried at random intervals sometimes its small sometimes they are big. Ive tried vsync on and off and adaptive in control panel that doesnt fix it. ive also tried limiting to 60 fps and lowering to 60Hz also not helped the only things i know are it happens between 60 and 50 fps and its definetly the cards fault because i didnt have this problem last week when i was using a 280x anyone got any advice?

When looking at your rig on your profile, I call for CPU bottleneck.

Just tag @ChatDaw so I can answer as fast as possible.

What resolution are you running at? My 8350 was bottle necking my 290x's in much the same manner as what you are experiencing now (micro-stuttering). It may be that.

I thought that at first too but the cpu never touches 100% load on any core. 1080p

Trust me, I am running an overclocked 4790K with SLI 980 Ti.  I get microstutter in GTA V when I did not compared to my old setup using a 980 SLI.  The 980 Ti is limited to two drivers and so far and there is no fix.  It is a driver problem.  I can't say if it is a bottleneck for you because the problem already exists on a 4790k

I have a potato!

When looking at your rig on your profile, I call for CPU bottleneck.

Im waiting for skylake but its fine atm its oc to 4.5

Trust me, I am running an overclocked 4790K with SLI 980 Ti. I get microstutter in GTA V when I did not compared to my old setup using a 980 SLI

Interesting okay ill ride it out for a bit

Im waiting for skylake but its fine atm its oc to 4.5

with 4.5Ghz you can only catch up an i3. FX CPUs are really slow.

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb
2nd  fastest i5 4670k in GPUPI for CPU - 100M

It's your CPU. Why would you pair a crap CPU like 8320 with a 980 Ti? That doesn't make any sense. It would bottleneck even 970. GTA V is very CPU heavy and needs an i7 CPU to run smoothly.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

It's your CPU. Why would you pair a crap CPU like 8320 with a 980 Ti? That doesn't make any sense. It would bottleneck even 970. GTA V is very CPU heavy and needs an i7 CPU to run smoothly.

I didnt pair them if ud read the comments you would know that i am waiting for skylake to come out its called an upgrade path

I didnt pair them if ud read the comments you would know that i am waiting for skylake to come out its called an upgrade path

Well then you should have expected CPU bottleneck. I think the reason why you didn't notice stuttering with 280X was because your framerate was low throughout the gameplay, and now that you got 980 Ti framerate is higher in GPU bound situations, but still low in CPU-bound situations, so there's more framerate variance depending on what's going on in the game (CPU or GPU-bound), which you perceive as stuttering.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

• 1 month later...

Do you by any chance have a Logitech mouse or keyboard and have the Logitech Gaming Software installed?

EDIT: This may not apply to you actually because you said you didn't have the problem with your 280x but I experienced a stuttering similar to what you describe and            it was caused by the Logitech Gaming Software. If I quit the software there was zero stuttering, strange I know but this was definitely the cause for me.