OnePlus 2 won't be the "affordable" device that the One was

Aniallation

Source: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/06/18/oneplus-2-price/

If it's a good device then I'd have no problem paying a bit more for it, as long as they get their quality control and customer support together, because if they raise the price, they'll be competing with the likes of LG and Samsung... not to mention lower-priced options like the Zenfone 2 (possibly upcoming Zenfone 3?)

get_ready_for_the_oneplus_2-640x640.jpg

Now that we know OnePlus will utilize the Snapdragon 810 in its next flagship, the company is beginning to reveal even more details about what to expect. And this latest one people aren’t going to like.

In a new post to its forums on Thursday, OnePlus said that the price of the 2 “will certainly be higher than $322.” That lines up with rumors we’ve heard about the device being more expensive than the OnePlus One, no doubt due to the phone’s more expensive components. How expensive the OnePlus 2 will be remains to be seen. The company’s first flagship started at $299, with the more expensive model going for $349. The device’s affordable price was a major part of the phone’s success, and remains among the best deals on the market today. Take that away, and you simply have a flagship like any other.

Of course, it could still be competitively priced, and we still don’t know what the actual experience will be like. But OnePlus doesn’t have the luxury of being the surprise entrant in the smartphone race this year. Instead, it will come with the expectations of competing with some of the most popular phones out there. Anything less will be considered a disappointment.

“We ask all of our fans and critics to just wait and see,” OnePlus said on Thursday. “We’re confident in our products, and we were careful to only choose components that are fit for the successor of the Flagship Killer.”

A recent rumor claimed we might see the device announced early next month, so hopefully we’re closer than ever to finally seeing the sequel in the flesh.

"Rawr XD"

A high price tag defeats that devices purpose. We all know about the issues, build quality and many other things it had, but that was all acceptable due to the price tag! :D

Didn't they say ~400$ is a good price for a phone? 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Didn't they say ~400$ is a good price for a phone? 

I feel like 300 is a better price.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I don't feel like paying a lot for a device that'll melt itself in my pocket lol.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I feel like 300 is a better price.

Well yeah of course... this is going to be just a expensive for Canada as just buying an off contract phone for 550-600$

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

if its between 300-400

its still a good deal

over 400 and it gets to expensive 

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

I'm worried for the S810 as well, I don't think Oneplus can handle their second device being a failure though. It's not much of a flagship killer when it's a flagship, and mostly priced like one, on its own.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

The one will be their budget phone.

It has a snapdragon 800, it's still pretty new

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I don't feel like paying a lot for a device that'll melt itself in my pocket lol.

I'm worried for the S810 as well, I don't think Oneplus can handle their second device being a failure though. It's not much of a flagship killer when it's a flagship, and mostly priced like one, on its own.

They're going to be using an S810 "refresh" http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388641-oneplus-2-confirmed-to-use-a-version-of-qualcomm%E2%80%99s-snapdragon-810-that-doesn%E2%80%99t-overheat/

The one will be their budget phone.

It has a snapdragon 800, it's still pretty new

"Rawr XD"

What baffles me, especially for Canadians, is the push for OP devices when Oppo makes the same damn thing with what seems like far more refined customer service and support... 

What is hype may never die - Cleganebowl 2016

Well I wouldn't fucking know about the oneplus one due to the stupid invite system and I guess I won't know about this one either because again, they either like to create hype with artificial scarcity or are just fucking retarded and can't manufacture enough units.

-------

Current Rig

-------