Nvidia Controle Panel "Access denied" Error

I just ran into this problem today. when I try to change something in the "Manage 3D Settings" tap in the Nvidia controle pannel i get this error.

"Access denied: Failed to apply selected settings to your system."

I've been doing some looking around on google and there are several threads on reddit and various other forums about this but no answers aside from reinstalling the driver but that apparently only works for a little while until it breaks again.

I didn't see any threads about this here so I thought I’d see if the LTT community had any new ideas.

It apparently hit every one at the same time four days ago from the time of this post. Does any one have any idea what happened or if it's Nvidia's fault or Windows's?

try to reinstall without GeForce Experience. That should be a temporary fix. 

The better fix is to use the last good driver 350.12 (GTA V release driver)

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

try to reinstall without GeForce Experience. That should be a temporary fix. 

The better fix is to use the last good driver 350.12 (GTA V release driver)

I had WAY to many problems with that driver... no one ells seemed to though...

I had WAY to many problems with that driver... no one ells seemed to though...

Any later ones will do. I just thought that was the last good driver from hearing (and using it) that it was pretty good. 

As soon as the 980Ti is released in larger numbers a hotfix/full driver will come around. Hopefully fixing that error. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III